Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Arinsal - ski hire and other questions...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi there - glad to have found this website!
We have booked a last minute holiday to Arinsal leaving on 5 March. As its last minute we can't pre-book ski hire or lift passes. I'm not worried about pre-booking a lift pass as we'll get it when we get there, but can anyone recommend a good place for ski hire? I see that www.skiset.co.uk are there, but I did hear that you have to go up the gondola first to get to their shop, is that correct?

Has anyone used www.worldski.co.uk for ski hire?

As we are accommodation allocated on arrival I'd like to preferably book with someone who was fairly central. Also, is it worth booking online prior, or will there be enough availability to just turn up at a shop on the day? It makes it slightly more difficult in that I only need boots, but my OH needs snowboard and boots, and most of the packages online seem to only do both, not one or the other?

Many thanks for any help.

Mike
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
MikeS,

Welcome to snowheads. Never been there myself, but someone will be along shortly to help you out
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi there, yes the ski set shop is at the top of the gondola, otherwise right opposite the gondola station is the pic negre shop not too bad or on the same side as the gondola and about 50m down the hill is a decent place (can't remember the name though) they all seem to offer a 10% discount as a matter of course if you ask for it so don't be shy about it!

If you are after snowboards i strongly recommend you shop around as unlike the skis they seem to change the kit a lot less often so one season one shop will have the best kit, and another the following year, and so on...

Get to the tourist info office and get a Val-Nord discount card (see the arinsal website for details) as you will get 10% off lift pass
tuition mountain restos ski locker hire etc etc well worth having.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
On your other queries, I wouldn't pre-book incase the snowboard kit is bobbins, you won't have any problem getting kit i wouldn't have thought as long as you get there early or even the night before if they are still open.
(I have been twoice in 1/2 term and we got kit no problem.)
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
MikeS,

We hired from the shop wrongside mentions 50M from the Gondola on same side, very helpful. They will also rent you a locker to store your kit in, depending on where you are staying you wont want to be caring your kit. Locker hire is bloody expensive I seem to remember 70eur at top of the Gondola, something to be aware of. You might be lucky and be in walking distance from the Gondola, we were 10 mins away down the till, walking up wasn't an opton in ski boots. Head for Pal via the cable car, better skiing than the Arinsal runs IMHO. Cheers Shane.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
As said before, the Pic Negre shop directly opposite the gondola does ski hire. The St Moritz a little down the hill on the same side of the gondola does ski hire too.
There are several ski shops at the top of the gondola in the main building.

You shouldn't have a problem just hiring boots.

I'd agree with Shane45 about going to pal. However, stick around the area on the cable car side of the resort. Get the 4 man to the top of the mountain. Ski along side the button lift and enjoy the reds around that area.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
http://www.vallnord.com/club.asp

this is the link showing you the discounts you can get as you are last miniute i would not only apply on line, but also go to the
tourist office and see of you can get a card p.s watch what e-mail address you give out as you will get an email every week for the rest of your life about arinsal
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks very much for all your replies - they are most helpful.

Another quick question - does the lift pass cover the bus service to Arcalis? Is Arcalis worth going to if we are only early intermediates?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
MikeS, yes when we went last year the pass did cover Arcalis. We didn't go but were told skiing well worth the trip.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
MikeS, I didn't get the chance to get across to Arcalis (I decided to have a couple of private lessons on the only days I could have gone), but my teacher said the Arcalis area is bigger than Arinsal or Pal, and because no tour ops really go to that village, the slopes are much less crowded.

You get there by getting the free ski bus down to La Massana and then catch the one going up to Arcalis. It's supposed to take 20-25 mins from Arinsal.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy