Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone in Val Cenis from the 19th March?

Poster: A snowHead
We're arriving on Sun 19th March & it would be good to meet up with any fellow snowHead .

srobbo, I seem to remember that you might be around then?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
spyderjon, Hopefully, should know on Monday, had to wait to get clearance from work. Will let you know.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
srobbo, it would be meet up again. Look forward to hearing from you.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
srobbo,

As a regular Val Cenis visitor (I think), you have probably found this site already but, just in case...

http://www.ski-valcenis.net
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
He might know it, but I didn't !! Thanks for the link.

dt

ps. Am there the week before you, so might cross at Modane railway station. We'll try and leave some untracked....
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Red Leon, No I haven't seen that site. Thanks for the link.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Red Leon, Thanks for the link, wasn't aware of that site. Usually keep and eye on this one

Hopefully confirming tomorrow my travel plans. Looking forward to spending my 9th week at Val Cenis. Was getting worried that I wouldn't be able to visit this year.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
spyderjon, All confirmed now. I will be in Val C from 18th for 7 days.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
srobbo, Very Happy . We'll talk nearer the time.

I hope them Volkl's of your's are used to eatin' Metron dust wink
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
spyderjon wrote:
I hope them Volkl's of your's are used to eatin' Metron dust wink

Ahh, corrosion setting in is it Shocked Must be time for a new pair Laughing
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
FenlandSkier, Laughing
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Just a quick report from the weeks activities

Skied Sat, Sun 18th and 19th in Val Cenis, met Spyderjon for a quick après ‘pint’ on Sunday afternoon.

Skied Mon at Val Cenis, tried to show Spyderjon the majority of the mountain in a quick blast round, followed by a leisurely skoot around in the afternoon.

Tues: Took the bus to Termignon, skied the resort, with probably less than 30 people being in the resort, absolutely no queues or traffic. Superb conditions.

Wed: La Norma, used the Snowcoach option to ski this lovely resort in sunny conditions, Kat managed to find some perfect pistes to play on, even managed to scare myself at stupid speed carving.
Tried Spyderjon’s B5’s after lunch, reasonably impressed, pretty lively compared to the 5 stars, but still good fun.

Thurs: Back to Val Cenis again, bits of powder to play in, esp on the bumps.

Fri: Val Frejus for the day, overcast conditions after a nights snowfall, poor light plus some niggles, and the group was soon down to 2. Borrowed Spyderjon’s M:EX’s for a few runs in the powder. Found a superb black run, covered in untracked powder to play in, these ski’s just ate the conditions. Couldn’t stop laughing all the way down.
The swapped back and skied a couple more runs, including finding powder on a red run at 14.30.

Sat: Val Cenis again, suffered in the morning due to partying too much the night before (will learn sometime), had a couple of runs down ‘Ramasse’ to clear the head, then went for a play in the powder. Superb conditions in the morning, getting a bit slushy after lunch.
Met Spyderjon for lunch, before a leisurely cruise round in the afternoon.

Can't wait to go back in a couple of weeks Very Happy Very Happy

Some photo's
lunch in La Norma
Spyderjon checking ski's
Val Frejus
Black run at 11.00
Did we do this ?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
srobbo, With Deb being crocked leaving me as 'jonnynomates', thanks again for the guiding & arranging for me to join Snowcoach's ski hosting group. I just can't believe how quiet the resort was when the snow was so great & how so few ski the powder Shocked. All the more for us I suppose Laughing.

I was very impressed by the package that Snowcoach offers & certainly plan to use for a future return to VC.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
spyderjon, No probs. Thanks for the ski demo ! Been looking at some wider ski's now. Looks like the Credit card is due to take a battering.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
srobbo,

Sounds like you had pretty ace conditions - VC certainly looked quiet on the webcam last week - certainly quieter than my trip during skool hols rolling eyes

Is Andy's (the ski tech / guide) arm OK now? When I was there with SnowCoach (a whole month ago Sad Shocked , he was skiing without poles as he had a broken wrist in plaster so couldn't hold a pole in that hand.

I skiied Termignon with the SnowCoach safari trip for a day and it was fab - much quieter than VC and I reckon they bash every piste every night!. I also skiied there one afternoon (with Type23 ) and conditions were just as good but it was Arctic on the top tows.
I went on the safari trip to La Norma but it was closed due to the wind! Termignon was mostly closed as well so we ended up skiing back at VC - a 90 minute coach trip from VC to....VC Shocked Embarassed
latest report
Red Leon, Yep Andy is fully fit again, only skied 1 day with him, as he had a few days holiday, so Kat was left to guide for the week.

Termignon is always very quiet, with perfectly groomed slopes, just needs a chair at the top and it would be perfect !
latest report
Here is a view down to Termignon you may not have seen. It was taken last year. With no new snow for 8 days, but with a 20 min walk, we found this huge descent - a valley with only 6 tracks so far. ( Just right under the big rock is a big bowl).

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Sat 1-04-06 17:07; edited 2 times in total
snow report
snowball, missing link ?????????
snow conditions
Sorry, it's there now.
Also here is a glade at Val Cenis from 04 (with nice new powder).

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Sat 1-04-06 18:19; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
snowball, many thanks - worth waiting for. Nice shot
latest report
Thanks - see above for another, just added. Have you been to the area?
snow report
Unfortunately, no.
snow report
Here are more photos from 04. This is what is known as the rock-garden for obvious reasons, and here we are skiing it. You don't see the rock faces from above! I'm the one in orange and our guide far below me in blue.

And here is the church at Lanselevillard Val Cenis, taken from our hotel.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy