Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

MCB Tech - SHL (Stop Heel Lift)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has tried and or knows of this product for reducing heel volume and lift??

No matter what I just seem to have very slim heels and suffer from too much lateral movement and lift in the heel. Just back from a week's skiing in brand new boots which were super comfortable in every way except the heel movement.

Cheers
Adam
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
expensive bits of foam
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@under a new name, haha - yes indeed, hence the question really - wondered if there's something special about it that I'm missing! Would just be interested to know if anyone had tried and found success with it as to be honest if it really did work then I'd view the £20 as a total bargain in the scheme of things.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
search boot fitting foam, lots of way cheaper options!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Adamski,

probably not what you want to hear but if you were buying new boots I'd point out that the classic Raichle last (as used now by Full Tilt and Dalbello in some of their models) is marked by a narrow and deep heel pocket and a middle (of 3) buckle that goes diagonally across your instep (correct term?) and pulls your ankle back and down into that pocket. I have medium width forefeet but narrow heels/ankles and these boots hold my heels down better than anything else.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Adamski, unless your boots were “properly” fitted “super comfortable” + “heel lift” sounds remarkably indicative of “too big” or “wrong shape” (or both...) to me...

It must be admitted that until I heard of boot fitting, my boots either were extremely uncomfortable or I had a very mobile heel...
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi @Adamski I tried them in a boot that I had way too much room in (size too big) and they did help but just not enough. Ended up changing to smaller boots and all is now well (with the heel lift anyhow). One point to note is that possibly one of the drivers for heel lift is ankle flex, I have tight calves and CEM has showed me that this is a big thing I need to fix. In bigger boots I think this showed as heel lift (my diagnosis).
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Adamski, as others have said a bit pricey for some bits of foam, maybe if they fitted hem for you then ok

If you get some dence foam or 2.5/3mm leather then you can make your own, I would make them a bit more banana shaped rather than 90 degree, sometimes adding foam like this around the Achilles can push you forward in the boot, if this is the case then it is possible to retain the heel by putting a pad on the tongue to push the foot back further into the heel, usegood double sided tape until you are sure things are in the right place, champher the edges and then glue them in place with contact cement
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy