Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sierra Nevada - Spain

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Flew from Gatwick to Granada using Easyjet. 3 Flights a week and a midday departure so no option to ski on arrival/depart days.
Granada airport is pretty small, baggage offloaded before we'd cleared passpot control and then a waiting taxi to take us to the apartment in the resort. Transfer time about 1 hour to Pradollano. Apartment booked through Airbnb for the 4 nights. Once bags were dropped it was a short walk to sort out ski hire for the next 3 days ( €72 ). And then lift pass from the automated machines (€125). 
The resort is very lively, loads of bars and restaurants and not expensive unless you want to go high end. El Lodge has a great terrace and was a bit of a treat for a lunch stop.
Theres also a good selection of tapas bars and also places where tapas would be included with a round of drinks.

First day of skiing, blue and red pistes. The two telecabines from the centre take you up to a bowl where you can then access 4 chairlifts to take you higher. Pistes are well-groomed and uncrowded. There's a large nursery slope with Magic carpet up here also, so very snow sure (at 2700m). We stopped here for lunch and it was the a poor choice, not expensive but not somewhere I'd choose again.

Day two. Fresh snow overnight, about 10cm and a blue sky day, more of the same on the runs, but with the additional snow cover it didnt make any repetition of the runs a chore!

Day three. 30-40cm fresh snow. Skiing mostly in the bowl at Borreguiles until midday when the higher chairs were opened.
We'd do the run from the bowl back to Pradollano a few times until it got busy, then with the higher chairs open we skied mostly from top to bottom.

Not sure if we had a lucky three days. I did notice on the Monday that all the lifts were closed due to wind (we arrived Tuesday).
Departed on the Saturday morning, clocking the massive tailback of cars coming up for the day/weekend. Taxi must have planned ahead as he was on time.

Resort and accommodation is quite noisy. Bars closing between 3 and 5 am but I'd attempt another visit
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy