Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski boot pain

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
1 or 2 years ago I bought a pair of ski boots, at first I experienced pain but then after having them thermo molded, the pain and numbness eased off, however recently I got back into the boots after a while of not skiing, and found the pain is back. I'm going on holiday this Saturday and can't buy new boots. After checking my boot size I am 0.5 bigger than the boot. This could be the source of my pain but I am unsure on what action to take as I do NOT want this pain to ruin my holiday. Any help would be much appreciated.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Luked01, it seems to me that you have little choice but to try and find a bootfitter to attempt some further adjustment, either here or in resort. Some recommendations might be forthcoming if you say where in the UK you are based and which resort you are going to.

Welcome to snowHeads, by the way. Smile
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Luked01, hi and welcome snowHead

Maybe your feet have changed since you last skied (gained or lost weight?). Can you get to a fitter by Saturday? You should be able to get the boots adjusted if you can get to someone (preferably the original fitter, but your timeline is tight) who can do it.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Have you ever skied in them? How was it then? Feet take time to get used to boots. Wear them as much as you can before hand, go to a snowdome/ dry slope etc.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Luked01, I had perfectly fitting ski boots for 3 years, then I started walking a lot more, during the day (5-6 miles) as I sit at a keyboard for a job. This was enough after 6 months to cause my left foot to spread enough to cause tingling and numbness in my boots. A 1 hour session with a boot fitter and a small stretch which is barely visible resolved the issue. I’ve just worn my boot every day for 2 weeks, 8 hours a day without issue.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

After checking my boot size I am 0.5 bigger than the boot.

I'd be very surprised if you were. You can't go on online boot sizing, the only way to check is with a shell size check. The details are here on the forum and online but essentially you just take out the liner, put your foot in the boot and slide it forwards so your toes touch the front. Then see how much space there is behind your heel.

Then read this thread to get a feel for how much space there should be:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=3037586
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Luked01, try some ultra thin socks for a couple of days before the liners pack down and you can revert to your normal socks
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy