Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jackson Hole

Poster: A snowHead
Anyone been? Seems to have good conditions and terrain although a pain to get to. Have to stay over a weekend for work and looking for somewhere interesting to ski
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
BobinCH, Yep, been 3 times, going back again this Feb for a couple of days Madeye-Smiley When are you going ?

Good terrain, needs regular top ups, as its rocky. Hobacks are good, as are the Crags to Moran Face, with a bit of a walk, and Casper Bowl. Anything off the tram, Thunder and Subeltte lifts really, Bridger gondola too - I generally avoid Apres Vous chair as it tends to be icy underneath. Not use the new Teton lift yet as it wasn't there last time we went. But skied the stuff above it snowHead

JH faces south so if its been warm and little new snow, it can get icy. Targhee faces north, hold the snow better and the quality is good too. Its not to be discounted as theres some great terrain there too.

Agreed its a paint to get to, but then all great skiing is wink go see the TGR head office Toofy Grin Plenty of back country to access too if you have all your gear - it would be easy to hook up with someone, try TGR forums if that's what you want. Smile
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@BobinCH, I had a lovely time doing a bit of skinning with Jackson Hole Mountain Guides a few years back. Very hospitable and some truly epic powder lapping Teton Pass.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Bones, weekend of 9th Feb. Have no kit as US trip unexpectedly extended so this wasn’t planned. Have tried TGR forum for local contacts. Maybe I can do some sort of reciprocal arrangement with someone who fancies a trip to Verbier...
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
BobinCH, I would think the reciprocal arrangement might work, if someone is coming across that way. Shame about the date as we're there a couple of weekends later. Enjoy though and leave some snow for us Madeye-Smiley

Are you actually there on your own ?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
A little warm there at the moment, I'm told. Better than further south, not as good as further north at this point.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It's blimmin awesome at least for N America. Big vert, funky terrain and lines as burly as you like. Only problem is south facing aspect of stuff like the Hobacks.

Try hitting up Teton Powder Junkie on Pugski and probably TGR. He's an instructor who can probably point you at some hookups.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Jackson Hole is the Chamonix of North America!

Have fun!!!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@BobinCH, where are you actually working? Isn’t Salt Lake City easier to get to? Then you get most of Utah skiing a short drive away.

Alta, Snowbird worth skiing even if not epic powder. Deer Valley has lovely bumps...
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
++1 for JH. Great skiing, lovely town and for longer stays a trip to Yellowstone is a nice way to break it up

Targhee is great, lovely little resort with amazing snow and a must if you are staying in Jackson for more than a few days.

Only downside is December / Jan can be very cold (i.e. below -20 quite common)
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
dsoutar,
Quote:

Targhee is great, lovely little resort

This always makes me smile wink as Targhee has more inbounds terrain than JH - people perceive it as smaller as there's very little at the base. as I said it holds the snow better due to location and orientation Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
+whatever to go ski at Targhee
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
BobinCH, Told ya you might get some help on TGR - seems sensible so far too Toofy Grin you might even get offered a bed for the duration Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
under a new name wrote:
@BobinCH, where are you actually working? Isn’t Salt Lake City easier to get to? Then you get most of Utah skiing a short drive away.

Alta, Snowbird worth skiing even if not epic powder. Deer Valley has lovely bumps...

Not this year.

Stick with Jackson or Targhee
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@abc, Oh.
snow report
@under a new name, had the fortune to get to Alta/Snowbird a few years back. But must say this looks the ticket 😉

http://youtube.com/v/MY6hSmwifs4

Inbound/bumps not my thing

Good call @Bones!
snow report
abc wrote:
... Not this year.
Stick with Jackson or Targhee
Well yes relative to Utah, but it's still too warm there so at this point you want to go further north if you have any choice at all.
latest report
In Dallas on the Friday and need to eventually get back to NYC. American direct flights to Jackson from DFW on Friday evening look convenient if pricey. As long as conditions acceptable pretty focused on getting to JH.
snow conditions
Bob, how many days will you have and where are you considering staying? Jackson, like many NA resorts, is one of those places where you have to make the decision on whether to stay at the mountain or a few miles away in town. Mountain: pros-convenient, con-dead from about 5 pm on. Town: pros-pretty cool little town with plenty of restaurants and bars, con-you have to go to and fro morning and afternoon.

If there for more than a couple of days, definitely worthwhile to make a trip over to Targhee.

"Daily Ski Shuttle from Jackson Hole, Wyoming. For less than the price of a single day lift ticket at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort, you can enjoy a day of skiing or riding at Grand Targhee Resort, a Powder Paradise in the Heart of the Tetons that includes round-trip transportation from many locations in Jackson"
snow conditions
BobinCH wrote:
In Dallas on the Friday and need to eventually get back to NYC. American direct flights to Jackson from DFW on Friday evening look convenient if pricey. As long as conditions acceptable pretty focused on getting to JH.

since you're getting on a plane anyway, also take a look at any direct flight to Vancouver or Calgary.

This isn't the year for US. Bad condition everywhere except the norther Rockies (i.e. Jackson Hole, Targhee, Big Sky). Both the Canadian Rockies and West coast are having better snow than the US.
snow conditions
Will just have 2 days - Sat/Sun. Arrive JAC late on Friday night and will leave Sunday night or Monday morning depending on flights. Been previously to Whistler/Colorado/Alta and in no rush to return. JH and Alaska are the 2 spots I really want to get to
snow report
BobinCH wrote:
@under a new name, had the fortune to get to Alta/Snowbird a few years back. But must say this looks the ticket 😉

http://youtube.com/v/MY6hSmwifs4

Inbound/bumps not my thing

Good call @Bones!

Bah! That's nothing! Look at this!

http://youtube.com/v/mOvMR9K4YNc
ski holidays
... very good. And those are probably the conditions you can expect, in the rain.
snow conditions
Nah, that's multiple runs stitched together.

If you view the clip about the making of that video, they both crashed at the end of the run after they jump from Corbet's. In fact, the girl crashed so hard he was worried if she's alright (until she got up, she was fine)

All the fancy jumping and rock hopping was done separate from jumping from Corbet.

@BobinCH, do report back on how you do when you're back.
snow report
BobinCH, As abc, says, looking forward to the mini TR Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
Good thing about Jackson Hole is that it's basically a giant V shaped area, and you can't get lost, just keep going down and you'll hit the way home (with 'out of bounds' fences below those). This means it's one big pseudo-off-piste funpark (with few hazards - aside from trees), but there are marked trails for those that can't cope without them.

It's worth a visit, but if you gave me a choice between 10 days in Jackson Hole or Banff, I'd go for the latter.
latest report
I’ve just returned from a ski road trip in the US. You’ll have a great time in Jackson - the mountain is awesome and offers so much variety. The area on lookers left of the mountain is where the fun stuff is.
Targhee is lovely but much more mellow.
snow report
I’ve just returned from a ski road trip in the US. You’ll have a great time in Jackson - the mountain is awesome and offers so much variety. The area on lookers left of the mountain is where the fun stuff is.
Targhee is lovely but much more mellow.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Looks promising.... 🤞

snow report
BobinCH, Certainly does, although its quite busy in their terms at weekends. Crowds are descending on the place at weekends due to poor conditions elsewhere. what they need is for the snow to fall consistently there and elsewhere too Madeye-Smiley
snow report
Corbet’s couloir 🤠

latest report
@BobinCH, looking in or dropping in ???? Toofy Grin
snow conditions
6” of dream cream out the gates. And solitude ✌️ 

ski holidays
BobinCH, Saw you got hooked up with gear, well done. JH community are pretty good Smile
Hope it stays as good conditions when were there in a couple of weekends - interesting there's not many crowds.

Enjoy tomorrow Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
Quote:

interesting there's not many crowds.

I think he's skiing outside the resort
ski holidays
@Dabber, going, going...., gone

latest report
Sun came out in the afternoon and it got really busy

Last run of the day

Jackson Hole lives up to the hype. Now to make a plan for tomorrow...
latest report
@BobinCH,its been on my list for a while , looks like its worth the trip , have fun Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Nice! Been to the Silver Dollar yet? I seem to recall a cool microbrass ...
snow report
First went in 1985.

Become to expensive & commercial.

Nowadats cannot walk into the Million Dollar Cowboy Bar without hearing a European accent in every corner.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy