Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Boots for teenagers?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just back with the family from Austria. Blindsided by the issue of renting boots for my 13 year old son: He wears 40-41 Eur shoes, is of medium height (almost 160 cm) with a skinny build ( he swims, plays a bit of tennis, but really is not very athletic or strong). His technique is not bad but his skiing is very dependent on his confidence levels - he can bomb down runs that he already knows but on new slopes he is slow and many times reverts to a snow plow.
So, kids boots seem to end at 23, 24 size (I saw online some hi end junior boots that have bigger sizes but cost almost like adult hi end boots - we only ski one week per year) but adult boots are too high and stiff for him IMHO. In the end I fond some Salomon Falcons (26 size) that he could flex and didn't look like they reached too high on his shins, I think they were to big for him (long and wide) but it was the least worst option/
I guess I'm looking for ideas for boots that are not expensive (second hand?), either junior with a higher flex in a large size or adult boots not too high, not too wide, with low flex? Or leave him at home for the next 3 years until he can ski adult boots without issue? NehNeh
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy