Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dead Dynastars, what next?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello snowheads!
Unfortunately my Dynastar Cham 87's (the bright orange ones) are well and truly beyond salvage. This puts me back in the skis market!
So far all I have tried are a pair of hire shop Dynastar Legend X84's which I found fantastic on piste but not as good as the old chams off it. I'd have liked to try the Legend 88's but the shop didn't have any. Looking online now that I'm back in the UK, the Salomon xdr range has caught my eye - has anyone any experience with them?

Any suggestions of what else I should be looking at would be most appreciated, I'm looking for an all mountain ski, to suit a 5'11" 90kg man, id say that im a good skier and that im more likley on piste than off it but do pop off the side enough to want something that floats!

Many thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Aftermaths, dynastar cham 2 97 , all the ski you'll ever need
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Dabber, Thanks for the suggestion - they would seem the logical choice but the edge hold on the legends was so good, really streets ahead of the original chams, haven't tried the cham 2 though to compare though!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Only one problem - Cham 2.0 97 are no longer made
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ooops
I thought this was "dead dinosaurs"
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Charliee, You can still get them, just takes a bit of a search
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Why not Dynastar Legend X96's?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
went though the same mourning of my poor cham 97 (ver 1). After massive deliberation, I decided on the volkl M5s, which i hope to finally ski in the upcoming week. Ski shop ppl were excited for me (many saying, I have the same skis), but maybe they say that to every sale.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks all for the input, i think il probably end up going with Legend 88's but will keep my nose to the ground for an end of season deal!
Cheers
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
My Brother loved the Legend X88s when he hired them for a couple of days last week.....nice mixture of Damp, yet lively/fun.

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Thu 1-02-18 22:18; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Aftermaths, I'm just back from 2 weeks skiing on some new Salomon XDR 84 Ti's. Loved them. Also available a bit wider in 88mm or the QST range if you want to go wider still.

The XDR's are very light and easy to move around but also seem stiff enough to cope with varying snow conditions. Demo some if you can.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks everyone, good to finally here some feedback on the xdr's - going to have to join mrs maths and her mother on their trip next week and demo skis now Shocked haha
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy