Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes early March

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am planning to drive down to Tignes from Brussels on 1 March and back up on 6 or 7.

Does anyone have any good tips please on where to stay (sort of last minute, heh)?

Also, any recommendations for ski schools for my beginner girlfriend who does not generally enjoy skis so much?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Don't know if it will help you much, as we went on a last minute package tour from England, and I am not sure they will have any rooms that aren't block booked by tour companies, but might be worth asking?

We stayed in Tignes last April at Club Hotel Curling. It is really central in the Val Claret part of town and you can ski to within one minute of the hotel door. It has pretty reasonable en-suite accommodation, good food, TV in rooms, etc. If I was looking for a hotel in Tignes again, I would definitely consider returning there. The Savoyarde restaurant across the road is great for the chef's night off. Pizza 2000, just by the slopes is good for lunch ~ v friendly, tasty and good value, and the little bar on the opposite side of the street from that down some steps has live music, is v atmospheric (even romantic if you manage to get it to yourselves, quite cosy if it is full!) is definitely recommended... La Cave? Something like that I think.

I didn't have lessons so can't help with that. Have a great time - great place to go!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks! Plans are still uncertain and not finalised - she might prefer la Clusaz although I am not sure yet... We'll see. Again, thanks for the tips!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
http://www.chaletchardons.com/skiing-resort.html - a cheap option for tignes. no idea how good it is
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I can't vouch for the accommodation at Chalet Chardons, either, but Tignes Les Brevieres is a great place to stay: quiet nursery slopes, fast gondola into Tignes itself, olde worlde village and a decent bar in the sun for those who don't want to spend all day on the slopes.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
By the way, Club Hotel Curling ended up being quite a cheap option last minute; it was under £400 a head incl flights, transfer, half board and wine, etc. Might even have been £350, but can't remember now. ifyouski.com often has some really good last minute options.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy