Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

help a newbie get a goggle

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all, I'm in market for a goggle and is looking for an explanation of differences of goggles and its lens.

I've done little research and it seems that there are about 3 types of lenses today

1) regular
2) Persimmon
3) iridium
4) high persimmon?

my current goggle is 04 scott .. and its lens is yellowish-gold .. my buddy just bought an oakley, and it's lens looks like black coated, but when I wear it, everything looks so real it's like not wearing a goggle. (what lens is that called?)

also how's price range for each lens level? which one should I get? any model you guys like/recommend?

I'm looking for any positive answers. plz help Smile

thanks again and i hope all of u have fun this winter
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome to Snowheads. I think the black-coated one you mention is quite expensive. I think persimmon would be fine . It is one of the cheaper options and is great in low/flat light, but not the best in very bright light. I have the Oakley A-Frame with a persimmon lens and it's fine. Or you could pay a little more for a high-density persimmon lens, which would make things even clearer.

I think the Iridium lenses are good for bright sunlight but not sure how good they are in poor light conditions. They're also more expensive.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Check out this recent thread: Can anyone explain goggle lens colours for me
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Larciel, I look at this simply, what allows you to see best. Personally I only use goggles in poor light, when it is snowing. Sunglasses prove best for nornal piste weather and sunny days.
Over the years I've used a variety of lenses, currently I'm on a pair of Cebe. I find the best place to buy is usually the resort the advantage being that you can stick your head out of the shop door and see what everything looks like with them on (can't do this in the uk). Yes yeloow lenses proberly allow you to see in poor/flat/snowy light better than most.

Bob
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy