Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

St Gervais Kit Hire

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Could anyone reccomened a ski hire shop in St Gervais, for both skis and boards? I'm not bothered if it's up by the lift to leave kit as we do have storage facilities at the apartment.

Never been to St Gervais & I was burnt hiring kit in other resorts so recommendations would be appreciated
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Saphhome,
I've only used Claude Penz up at Bettex (midstation) but they were good (think you can leave stuff there and collect every morning which can be convenient. We were happy. Suspect places in St G may be a bit cheaper.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks. Will have a look. If the kit is a bit better quality I don't mind paying for it. My other options appear to be sport 2000 or twinner
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Have used both Claude Penz and Nerey and Twinner in the village. All fine but Claude Penz better range (well that was the fussy 18 year old's verdict) and worth the little extra for the convenience
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I always recommend my friends to use Nerey Glisse in Saint Gervais & no one has been disappointed yet, they have a heated store room you can use 250 yards from bottom gondola.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We always get our ski gear from David at Unlimited. Great service and fantastic equipment. No boarders in our family but he has them.

http://www.unlimited-saintgervais.com/en/
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We used Intersport at the top of the St Gervais gondola. Includes storage etc and the premium kit was a good standard (We are mainly based on the piste however). Only pain is that you have to trek up and down some metal stairs at the start/end of the day.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Northernhills, i think you will find that there are 68 steps, it is a complete pain if you have kids stuff to carry as well.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

i think you will find that there are 68 steps

Correct...well, I haven't actually counted, but did note when there at the weekend that Intersport is at the bottom of a long flight of metal steps leading into the gondola station, whereas Claude Penz is at the level of the entrance to the Arbois gondola. Claude Penz was very efficient, equipment OK-good, and happy to change skis when I wasn't entirely satisfied with my first pair. Unless you are staying in Le Bettex, is definitely worth paying for a storage locker in the basement below the Claude Penz shop
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy