Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Paris on the way back from skiing

Poster: A snowHead
Hmm, not quite a question about a ski resort; apologies 😆
We’re driving to the Alps for the first time this year and want to spend a couple of nights in Paris on the way back; the kids want to do the classic tourist stuff like going up the Eiffel Tower.

I’d thought we’d just book a hotel on booking.com or similar, but real life friends have said that it’ll be impossible to get parking in central Paris and that we’d be better staying on the outskirts on a Metro route and travelling in each day. But none of them actually knew anywhere.

Can anyone recommend a hotel with parking either in the centre or suburbs with easy transport into the centre? We don’t need anything flash, just clean and family friendly.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
https://www.accorhotels.com/gb/booking/map-search.shtml

Lots of options and details.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hotel Mercure Paris 19 Philharmonie La Villette
216 Avenue Jean Jaurès, 75019 Paris, France
+33 1 44 84 18 18

https://goo.gl/maps/Mh8y6uuQZj92

We stayed there a few times en route
Right on the peripherique, next to metro and underground parking
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@swoafs, I used to stay in a hotel just of the motorway in south Paris (Handy for two of my clients by car). It has parking and is a Novotel and Ibis joined so you can choose on budget.

Across the road is a Carrefour and an RER station that I used to get to central Paris.

https://uk.hotels.com/ho182649/?tab=description
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I’ve done it before, both staying in hotels in the centre and with family using street parking and had no problem. Can’t remember any of the names except one which I think was called Helussi - parked on the street but easy to park outside in a loading bay, bring everything in and repark a few metres down the road in a space. Just pick a hotel where you want to stay and ask them about the parking. Or stay in one with a car park
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've stayed in the Mercure at Nanterre before. Literally above the RER station. Large park right there as well. Classic modern Paris suburb so excepy yoof on BMXs and scooters. Pizza place and Turkish resto on the doorstep.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Fantastic, many thanks all; I’ll have a look at those options.
We’re there over the second half of Easter weekend so I suspect I’d better book sooner rather than later.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Many of yhe hotels within Paris will have undeground parking. Do not need to be outskirts
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We stayed here for a week in the summer, we were doing a mixture of site seeing in Paris and two days at Disneyland. The apartment was fantastic and has underground parking (though we only used public transport.

https://www.ownersdirect.co.uk/accommodation/p1400589a?utm_campaign=ODUK_TRV_OLB_HASC_reservationrequest_PPB&utm_content=propid_text_o_lprop&utm_term=20170107&utm_source=SYS&utm_medium=email
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
You will save a lot of time being inside the Periph and near a metro stop. Even if the hotel doesn't have underground parking there are a lot of municipal facilities. A little expensive but probably worth 70 euros for two days for peace of mind. OTOH you may be able to find street parking. In our 17th arrondissement neighborhood, you can find it, but will need to budget 20 minutes of driving around.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@swoafs,
We have stayed here before, have to pay for underground parking at the hotel, convenient to the centre and on a metro line
http://www.ibis.com/gb/hotel-1400-ibis-paris-eiffel-tower-cambronne-15th/index.shtml#location
Usual Ibis standard
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Incredibly helpful all, thanks so much.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@swoafs, we stayed at the Mercure around the corner from the Eiffel Tower and used their underground parking. Very easy to drive to
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
A bit wet at present.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@swoafs, great idea. Suggest don't make mistake I did years ago. Skied from first lift to 4.40pm in Argentiere. Jumped straight in car and drove back to Paris, hitting the peripherique about 11pm. Nightmare. I'm sure you're not as daft as I was then Shocked
ski holidays
We've done it a few times - the main challenge is finding a hotel with decent size rooms if you're a family - we used the Holiday Inn Paris Opera - Grands Blvds and booked two connected rooms (though I was using IHG points so not really paying).

Another IHG with good family rooms is the Crowne Plaza on the Place de la République - not as expensive as you might think - great location and big rooms (and a great breakfast).

Both of these use an underground car park either across the road or behind the hotel.
snow report
@PeakyB, hmm, good point. Take sleeping bags for the car for that night then Toofy Grin

@MazDave, thanks for those; I had been planning to email each hotel asking if they had interconnected rooms although kids are old enough to be in their own room next door/ across the corridor if nec.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy