Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Courchevel 1350/1650/1850 links (access to beginner lessons)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

I'm organising a trip involving several beginners at the end of March. I'm trying to understand the geography around the top of the "Le Praz" lift from Courchevel 1300 to 1850. On the piste map, it seems to stop rather short of the main lift area in 1850. For a beginner wanting to get to the ski-lesson meeting point in 1850, would it be easy, or does it require considerable walking?

An alternative is to stay in 1650. Any comments comparing the beginner experience in 1650 and 1850 would also be most welcome!

Thanks in advance,

James
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You are right, it does stop short of the Croisette. Around 3-400m from the bubble station to the meeting points, so if they are okay walking that far carrying skis it isn't a problem. An alternative from Le Praz is to get the (free) ski-bus, which takes 25-30 minutes to 1850.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
In my limited (1 week) experience both 1850 and 1650 would be excellent for beginners. On that trip we had two absolute beginners and they had a great time in 1850 and there is an abundance of suitable slopes. There are a couple of excellent green runs right into 1850. 1650 should also be top notch for beginners. Again some good green runs and also Indiens in the trees was a hit with our beginners later in the week. We're booked into 1650 in 3 weeks time.
I can't compare to Le Praz as it wasn't a vintage year that year and we also went mid March. Temps were up on 16C so we stayed above 1550 at all times. Lower runs should be better this year even in late March given the abundance of snow.
If you're looking for lessons our beginners went with New Generation in 1850 and couldn't recommend them highly enough. They've booked them again for 1650 in 3 weeks.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I would say both 1650 and 1850 are better suited for beginners. The runs in Le praz not suited to beginners. Much easier with ski schools etc and the runs to be based in 1650 or 1850.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Agree completely with the view that Le Praz isn’t suited to beginners. The slopes down are steep and often hard and icy. I’d go for 1650, where it’s probably easier to find more reasonably priced accommodation. Both 1650 and 1850 have slopes down to the village which are absolutely lovely for beginners. Alternatively, take a look at La Tania.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy