Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Car hire equipment

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone out there know which hire companies (at Geneva Airport specifically) issue snow tyres and/or chains as standard? Some have winter tyres fittted as standard, some dont...Some include chains, some dont. Confused. Don't want to be lumped with paying for extras at the desk. Car hire expensive enough already! Heading to Praz sur Arly in Feb.
Cheers...
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Had one (Golf 4x4 est) from Europcar last w/e. Snow tyres and chains (they did try and charge extra for the chains but were told where to go, especially after not having a car for us even though prebooked....) That's Swiss side, i.e. out of arrivals, turn right and about 200yds.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
All Swiss side hire cars must have winter tyres by law. French side cars do not need to have them.

Chains are a bit of a lottery. Recently I arrived and found the chains I had pre-ordered weren't available as they had none left. Just managed to make it to the apartment, bought some chains at a garage and Avis bought them off me at cost price at the end of the week.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yes, I've always hired from the Swiss side (directly, via the '.ch' landing pages on the GVA Website - I never use intermediaries) and always been given winter tyres plus chains in the boot. I still always ask about chains, and make it clear that I won't take a car without them as I may need them in the mountains. I was told that sometimes, they can run out of a particular size if they get a lot of breakages.

Also, it it's the first week or two of February, check that your car has a Vignette. These are valid 'till the end of January so if it's busy, they can miss replacing them. My daughter got stopped on the Autoroute by the CH police because she didn't have one. Fortunately they let her drive on to the next service station and get one.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy