Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chambery > Arc 1800 transfers - best options?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Realised I’ve completely forgotten about the fact that I need to sort transfers from the airport to Arc 1800 for our week, 7/4 to 14/4! Doh. Where is best to book these? There are 5 of us, 4 adults and 1 teen. Private coach? Car hire? Thanks!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Phae88, Though I have never done it my wife said a taxi to the station and train was good. On the other hand my nepthew on another occaision reported that he found getting a taxi from Chambery station to the airport was very difficult. Oddly there doesn't appear to be a shuttle bus from the airport to the station.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There is, or certainly used to be, a bus from Chambery airport to the station in Bourg St Maurice from which you can take the funicular up to 1600. I think its then a bus to 1800 but none of my family have done that bit. Alternatively take a taxi up from BSM station. Cost me around £80 pounds from BSM station to Arc 2000 a couple or so years back.

I`m sure there will be others along shortly with more information.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'd probably hire a car, if you are not taking stonking amounts of luggage. For 5 people should be quite cost-effective. Just be sure that whatever kind of transfer you arrange you have a contingency plan for being diverted to Lyon or somewhere..... It does happen fairly often at Chambery.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
There’s a fab website where you put in what you want and taxi firms put in their bids. We got very reasonable transfers for the same journey 2 years ago. I think it’s called FindTransfers.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Checked and it’s this one. I’m sure I found out about it on here and we got great service and prices and would definitely recommend.

https://www.findtransfers.com/
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
johnE wrote:
@Phae88, Though I have never done it my wife said a taxi to the station and train was good. On the other hand my nepthew on another occaision reported that he found getting a taxi from Chambery station to the airport was very difficult. Oddly there doesn't appear to be a shuttle bus from the airport to the station.

I was just looking at this but there doesn’t seem to be many trains running on a Saturday?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
About 10 next Saturday https://www.sbb.ch/en/buying/pages/fahrplan/fahrplan.xhtml

I always use the swiss rail information!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Phae88, They run roughly one an hour. I looked at the sncf web page
@CaravanSkier, I meant from Chambery airport to Chambery railway station
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@johnE, Puzzled I understood that. Maybe my response was confusing? Apologies, I was just trying to add to the information. Smile
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
If your on facebook you could maybe try posting in the Tarentaise transfers notice board group.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy