Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Air Canada ski boot policy

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I wonder if anyone has recently flown with Air Canada or has any info on this?

On their website it says that a ski boot bag may be taken for free (in addition to your normal luggage) on flights from Europe to Canada between Dec and April, even if not taking skis.
However further down the same section it says ski boot bags only travel for free if you’re also taking skis?
I’ve tried asking Air Canada online and Facebook but just get sent back to this contradictory website!
It’s not a major issue but my size 11 boots do take up a sizeable chunk of my luggage allowance so it would be nice to take a few clothes as well!!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@TommyJ, on a transatlantic trip I would only ever have my boots in my hand luggage.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@under a new name, especially if on a connecting flight where luggage often doesn't make it onto the smaller plane
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I think it may depend on the gate agent, although unlikely to be a problem. Flew back today from Vancouver on Air Canada, we had pre booked 3 ski bags. I weighed mine at 21kg. Auto checkin printed labels for the other hold baggage, but not the skis. So we had to go to a desk. The woman was a real jobsworth. " What's in that bag" ( ski bag) " Skis" I replied. And helmet and other bits and bobs. She tells me it's heavy, she weighs it at 21kg and shuts up. She didn't even weigh the other two bags, just picked them up to see if they were silly heavy ( they weren't)

Plane was the emptiest I have even seen a plane. I got all 4 middle seats to myself. Many, many other rows like that also.

Baggage all arrived fine, I did take boots out as hand luggage, but checked them in on the way back for ease, they were just in a trolley dolly bag and we had enough luggage allowance to do so.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@holidayloverxx, yep. I can happily rent or buy anything else but boot replacement ain’t happening and rentals are inadequate.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks everyone. It’s a direct flight so hopefully as likely or not as any other bag to make it. I know it’s a bit of a risk but we don’t have space in the luggage for them and I think the hand luggage will be full of things to keep my son occupied!

Facebook has finally given me an email address for baggage queries so I’ve asked them and will let you know
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I rang them up in advance to book the ski bags in. Was told at the desk today it was first come first served. Think I must have upset the gate agent by breathing her air! No bother going out. Saw plenty boot bags come down the carousel at LHR.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Air Canada's policy is extremely difficult to understand. They seem to give out variable information and the website is really unclear.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The website is very badly worded. However I finally managed to get a reply via facebook giving my flight details etc. They have confirmed that I can take ski boots as a free extra without prebooking skis,

I think this is an offer only applicable to flights between Europe and Canada between April and December, and for all other flights (ie internal/USA) the usual rule applies that ski boots can only be taken separately if booked with skis
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy