Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Victor in the alpine binding war?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Now that Amer and Rossi are going to license Grip walk looks like we have a clear winner. Any reason not to insist on Gripwalk compatibility ( ideally with tech fittings) in your next rec boot?

Racers excepted probably.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No reason at all.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
Now that Amer and Rossi are going to license Grip walk looks like we have a clear winner. Any reason not to insist on Gripwalk compatibility ( ideally with tech fittings) in your next rec boot?

Racers excepted probably.

Looks like a solution looking for a problem to a certain extent. I've never had a problem walking in ski boots, well in fact I don't walk in ski boots, I ski in them.

If it doesn't cost extra, why not?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Does all it do is make walking a bit easier because of the rounded profil it gives the boot sole?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm just grateful the Betamax option - WTR has been eliminated quickly. Expect firesales on WTR bindings probably which is a bonus if you are looking to just stay on DIN soles, or unwary punters being duped into WTR purchases at full price this season.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Matt Manser (Atomic) recently wrote this on NewSchoolers...

Yep- Grip Walk is becoming an actual norm and it's what all boot and binding manufacturers will work towards over the coming years. It's one of those things that can't be done overnight since it involves lots of mold modifications on the boot side and on the binding side. But we will be working toward that for sure. Essentially, the 3 norms moving forward are: Alpine 5355, Touring 9523, Grip Walk 9523.

For Range 18/19 (what is being launched at OR/ISPO right now) we will be making replaceable Grip Walk grip pads for Hawx Ultra, Hawx Prime, Hawx Magna, Live Fit, and any older boots that use the same grip pad interfaces as the boots mentioned. Ultra XTD will remain a WTR boot for this year, as it is a "carry over" and production has already been rolling. It will still work with all the bindings that it currently works with.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Oh man, I bought some Betamax tech boots (Lange Freeride WTR). Bought them in the summer so got a good deal though. Doesn’t make a difference with my Beasts. But I was looking at piste ski options with WTR bindings eg Rossi Hero or Dynastar Speedzone with Look Konect WTR. Wouldn’t mind too much though if I could pick those up cheaper.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Themasterpiece wrote:
Oh man, I bought some Betamax tech boots (Lange Freeride WTR). Bought them in the summer so got a good deal though. Doesn’t make a difference with my Beasts. But I was looking at piste ski options with WTR bindings eg Rossi Hero or Dynastar Speedzone with Look Konect WTR. Wouldn’t mind too much though if I could pick those up cheaper.

I bought some WTR boots recently too, I knew that the writing was on the wall for WTR, but they were the boots that fitted best. Hopefully salomon will continue to produce the Salomon Warden MNC, as they will work with both WTR and GripWalk.

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Thu 25-01-18 14:00; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Doesn't really matter if you're already in a system and like you say could work in your favour if WTR bindings end up being liquidated cheap. Previously I was at don't replace my boots yet because I don't know which way to jump for futureproofing (I'd still want DIN sole for the forseeable for all my existing bindings) but at some point when I need new bindings I should have boots compatible with their functionality.

Put it like this though if you buy WTR boots now with the intent of buying WTR bindings in say 3 years you might want to bring the binding purchase forward.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I wonder what Cast will do? Their not yet released new system is DIN 5355 / WTR compatible. Possibly nothing as I suspect their core market uses modified DIN 5355 race boots.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy