Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Wengen and Hotel Regina

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello, Just joined and enjoying reading all the posts. Excellent site.
Looking for information on Wengen if you have just returned or if you have stayed at the Hotel Regina. Any little tips which you would not know unless already been would be most welcome. Thanks in advance.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You may want to hop on into the Jungfrau region thread as well: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=433

My tips skiing wise: The Gondola in Wengen can queue up a lot in peak season... train to scheidegg may be quicker then to the piste.
Leave the Mannlichen and Lager chairs some time, I really like to ski around Gummi and Tschuggen (a t-bar) and Salzegg (t-bar to Eigergletcher)

When going from Scheidegg to Mannlichen I use the Honegg t-bar. Avoids poling through the forest to Tschuggen. (Which you won't avoid in that direction, unless you go down to Grund and take the Gondola)

Soup in a roll at Restaurant Eigernordwand at Kleine Scheidegg
Apple fritters at Brandegg
Dinner at Hotel Silberhorn (Nothing much meets their price/quality ratio and they are not expensive)

And the Biggest tip: Enjoy the scenery... it stays breathtaking.

If you can spare a proper sunny day, visit Jungfraujoch (don't go there on a bad day, you won't see a thing)
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thank you for your tips. I shall be taking any i get with me.Much appreciated
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
JosephVas, like Ronald states pop in to the Jungfrau Region thread (as long as it is...lol) and ask the wise Wengen man himself D G Orf who like others can give you some good advice.

My advice to you is to visit the highest and prettiest of the Jungfrau resorts .... Murren

Eitherway you will have a fantastic time wink
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
JosephVas, tip for the Regina, be ready to dress smartly for dinner. Oh and go next door to the Hotel Falken for a great bar in the evening.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
From memory i believe the Regina is the only Wengen hotel that has chandeliers in the dining room
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks all, shall visit the Jungfrau Region thread and perhaps take a tie for dinner.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The Falken also has chandeliers in the dining room.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy