Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

AT Boots

Poster: A snowHead
http://www.telemark-pyrenees.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=1_48_150&products_id=1501

Can any people in the know give us more info on the new AT Boots.

a) Is the "Endorphin" much better than the "Adrenalin"?

b) How do these new boots flex - are they still far away from a proper alpine boot?

c) Would the "Xena" also work for a slim male?

d) Which liners are better than Garmot's standard offerings (Intuition?) http://www.telemark-pyrenees.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=1_48_150&products_id=1501

If you'd rather not put certain comments about these boots on a public forum, feel free to send me a PM.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
DB,

A) Same last, better outsole, easy entry tongue, carbon reienforced coller(like the current Adrenaline).

B) Real flex tested to 120 newtons resistance. Poly-ester and not Poly-propolyene (like a real ski boot). 100mm lasted fore foot(size 26).
Shape aside, the endorphine/adrenaline are the best A.T. Freeride boot, yes you can ski hard on them although the flex is not to be described as progressive on the Garmont boots.

C) Xena is same shape/last as Adrenaline or Endorphine, no carbon, fibre-glass instead.

D) G-fit is great, if you have a high volume fore foot, otherwise Zip-fit or Palau 12/14mm overlap. Little Angel
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
SMALLZOOKEEPER,

Thanks.

I have the Adrenaline was just wondering if the new boots had improved so much that they would be worth considering - doesn't sound like it.

You rate the Zip-fit over the Intuition? What are Palau liners and where can I pick a pair up?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
DB, Palau make all the thermo fit liners for garmont, scarpa, dynafit etc. We have liners specially made for the shop with different densities and thicknessess. They do make the boots flex softer but that can be changed with a spot of glue and some plastic from a ski boot liner. You can get them from us or lockwoods. Zip-fit work real well although are sometimes a little beefy for this kind of 3 piece boot. Little Angel
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
What's the state of art now for AT kit?

For example, I've been eyeing last years Stormrider XL's up and thinking of getting them with naxo or fritschi's on them with something like Adrenalin boot.

the bindings will take a downhill boot, how would that perform carving fast on a hard piste?
how would it perform with the AT boot and would that be a usable everyday setup?
presumably the adrenalin in an alpine binding on a slalon would be hopeless, or would it?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
ise, I've been skiing my Naxos for a while now and I've got to say they are great, well for alpine skiing anway. I've only done short climbs on them, the double pivot is really great but until I do a proper tour on them I'm not going to post a full review. They, obviously, are heavier than Freerides, so it does depend on what ratio of touring to alpine you do. The Naxo's, IMO, have far less slop than the Freerides, and generally feel more secure. I normally ski on 12 so it's nice to have my touring skis set within the boundary of the bindings. There are many advantages to the Naxos over Diamir bindings but it has to come down to how much climbing vs downhill skiing you'll do.

If they continue to beef up Adrenalin / Endorphins etc then I'll be getting a pair soonish. Until then it's a little extra weight and some mild discomfort on the way up to make the most of coming down... Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
parlor, thanks, very interesting. So, what boots are you using with the naxos?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ise,

As SZK says the flex of the Adrenalin isn't as good as many other good alpine boots out there but they are stiff for their weight. I've heard some people don't like the Adrenalins although these tend to be heavier people who are used to a stiffer boot (I'm 72 kg). I've got freerides on a set of Völkl Snowwolfs that I could use for everything not just touring (i.e. also piste, off-piste, bumps). There are better boots, skis and alpine bindings to tackle the non-touring terrain - just depends how many sets of skis you want. The ability to change the sole has proven useful for when I wanted to rent other skis with alpine bindings. My touring setup performs worst in choppy snow as it tends to get knocked around a bit more (maybe thats just my technique or lack thereof Very Happy ) but it performs much better than other peoples 'standard' touring equipment. All in all I could live with just the touring setup if I had to (but would rent big fat skis when it dumped). Since I bought the Adrenalins I haven't used my alpine boots much, but plan to wear the alpine boots tomorrow just to see what the difference is after spending so much time on a touring setup.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
interesting stuff. I'm trying to work out what's the most flexible stuff to have. I'm getting an idea that using naxo's with normal ski boots will work out fine for general use and trivial climbs. But, for example expecting adrenalins on normal bindings on a slalom ski to work out may not be realistic.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
DB, Sorry i've mis-explained myself. The Adrenaline is a stiff boot, compared both to Expert piste boots and Freeride boots. What i meant is the flex isn't progessive like the Tornado or the Areo Freeride. By 'Progressive' i mean the boot retains the same preasure through the entire distance of flex, normally 10 degrees. This is examplefied by such boots as the X-Wave/Course from Salomon. The Adrenaline begins it's flex progesivley and after the first 6 degrees develops alot more resitance such a Old Tecnica or Nordica models. Little Angel
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
ise wrote:
interesting stuff. I'm trying to work out what's the most flexible stuff to have. I'm getting an idea that using naxo's with normal ski boots will work out fine for general use and trivial climbs. But, for example expecting adrenalins on normal bindings on a slalom ski to work out may not be realistic.

Why? Little Angel
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, don't know Embarassed have I misunderstood ?

Can I put it in punter terms? Very Happy How would adrenalins compare to xwave 8, 9 or 10?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
ise, The offical resistance is the same as the X-Wave 10, it's the same plastic, although the interface between the Coller and Clog(upper and lower shell) is very different and being 3 piece, the Adrenaline has a slightly different structure in flex. But like the Flexon of old, shouldn't be bad for slalom, dependant on the skier. Little Angel
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, thanks, that's all I need know for now apart from the obvious, are they my color and will I look good in them ? Very Happy
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
ise, You'll look reet smart mate. Little Angel
snow conditions
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
DB, Sorry i've mis-explained myself. The Adrenaline is a stiff boot, compared both to Expert piste boots and Freeride boots. What i meant is the flex isn't progessive like the Tornado or the Areo Freeride. By 'Progressive' i mean the boot retains the same preasure through the entire distance of flex, normally 10 degrees. This is examplefied by such boots as the X-Wave/Course from Salomon. The Adrenaline begins it's flex progesivley and after the first 6 degrees develops alot more resitance such a Old Tecnica or Nordica models. Little Angel

That's my understanding too (although I didn't know it was 6 deg). It's just that some people use extra stiff race boots (e.g. ex-racers, heavy people) and my understanding is that the Adrenalins can't match them for stiffness.

Still confused why Garmont have offered a new model, is the "Adrenalin" now replaced with the "Endorphin". Is it just a new model, new colour and a few tweaks or is there really a difference / improvement in the Endorphin over the Adrenalin?

Was on my alpine boots yesterday, didn't really notice too much difference. The Alpine's seemed better for high speed carving (could of been the bindings though, less slop, lower height) while the Adrenalins were better for the bumps. Felt better centered over the adrenalins, I think their forward lean is greater. It's difficult to give a proper comparison as I haven't tried both boots on the same ski/binding setup yet.
latest report
I'll be having a chat with "Mr Boot (tm, Berne branch) Very Happy" tomorrow and see what he's got to say.
ski holidays
DB wrote:
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:

That's my understanding too (although I didn't know it was 6 deg). It's just that some people use extra stiff race boots (e.g. ex-racers, heavy people) and my understanding is that the Adrenalins can't match them for stiffness.

Still confused why Garmont have offered a new model, is the "Adrenalin" now replaced with the "Endorphin". Is it just a new model, new colour and a few tweaks or is there really a difference / improvement in the Endorphin over the Adrenalin?

Was on my alpine boots yesterday, didn't really notice too much difference. The Alpine's seemed better for high speed carving (could of been the bindings though, less slop, lower height) while the Adrenalins were better for the bumps. Felt better centered over the adrenalins, I think their forward lean is greater. It's difficult to give a proper comparison as I haven't tried both boots on the same ski/binding setup yet.

We too and Garont are finding the real differences a little difficult to explain.

Adrenaline. 100mm last(26), fibre glass cuff insert, unhinged tongue.

Endorphine. 100mm last(26), carbon cuff insert( same as current adrenaline), hinged tougue(easier entry), magniesium buckles(lighter weight), apperently slightly more upright, re-aranged cleated sole.

Xena. 100mm last(26), fibre glass cuff insert, hinged toungue, magniesium buckles all other specs as Endorphine.

Flex for each has yet to be finalised. Little Angel
snow report
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
Xena. 100mm last(26), fibre glass cuff insert, hinged toungue, magniesium buckles all other specs as Endorphine.

Erm, no. The shell is similar to the Endorphin but it uses a lot of the older cheaper Adrenalin components. Pressed buckles not the heavy Mg buckles of the Endorphin and this years Mega-Ride/Lite boots, no ice breaker, the old Adrenalin ski/walk lever and the old Adrenalin sole.
snow report
SMALLZOOKEEPER, have you got stock of the Adrenaline? Mr Boot (tm, Berne branch)" was saying he was trouble getting any more.
snow report
ise, Not all sizes right now, however will do in a week or so.davidof, ERM, NO. Heavy Mg buckles? Endorphine sole will be made available so as not to change sole, the walk ski mode has the same angles however the lever is slightly different. All pieces descussed are available as spares and i have them, should you like the boot as i previously described i can provide it for you. Get your nose out of the catalogue, off the phone with Jean-Marc and speak to 'Luca direct at Garmont. :nice
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy