Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tips for Flaine

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm heading to Flaine for a sneaky 5 day trip on 4th Feb. Myself and the OH will be snowboarding for this trip, we're reasonable intermediates and can handle blues and reds pretty well - not a fan of drag lifts or moghuls though!! Any advice on places to go, runs to do/avoid? Fingers crossed the weather gods smile on us since it will be our only trip this year!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
One run I would avoid, ( and was sorry I listened to the hype ) was the run to sixt called the cascades, there is so much flat, and just a few steep narrow bits at the end of the run, it was a complete waste of time, ok the view was nice, but you get better views at the top of either of the Gondolas. There is lots of places to practice your boarding off piste between slopes too, so that should be good fun.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you are boarding Cascades is a no unless you enjoy a good walk , though the view tbh is worth it and so are the Pistes in Sixt at the bottom after which you get the Ski bus back.
Flaine has some great Skiing though if you do some miles get the Grand Massif rather than the Massif pass as the likes of Samoens, Morillon and Les Carroz are well worth a visit as there is some great tree skiing . Enjoy, we often do 5 days trips and there's enough to do.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
There is a draglift in the Flaine Bowl top right on the piste map (cannot easily access the name on the online piste maps) which I had the pleasure to use last year. Accesses some pleasant easy off-piste/runs. However it is vicious and almost thrust my balls to somewhere that have not been for 55 years on the first ride and sustained a painful thigh bruise the second ride. Met a woman who said her husband injured himself on it the previous week. I would avoid on a snow board.

Imagine someone will have the name of this drag.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Aujons - or the Bucking Bronco, as we call it...
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@hawkesbaynz, Gers
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy