Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Rental Prices - La Plagne?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Guys,

Sorry bit of a dumbass question but heading to La Plagne and wondered if anyone had a feel for price for a weeks rental of top quality rental skis? The tour operator price looks crazy to me and includes boots which I don't need. Would prefer to book ahead but I'm sure I can just rock up at one of the shops on first night and get sorted!?

Thanks in advance.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Adamski, you could try a bit of Googling.
Skiset (Boudu) at 1800 for 4 days.
But you could be going elsewhere. Put in your details, and see how they compare with your TO.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Jonpim, Hi yeah already now had a go on google and looks like I can get the top stuff for around 70 yoyos for 6 day rental direct versus the ridiculous £135 the TO wanted for "advanced skis"
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Jonpim, Sport 2000 in 1800 was the one I saw with what looked like reasonable prices
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Also sport2000 are less evil than skiset.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@admin, Ski set not improved this season?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We are heading out to La Plagne next weekend and have pre-booked all our stuff with Oxygene. They have been fantastic so far and have good reviews. Found their prices competitive and offer a fit in chalet service.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Adamski, I just had 4 days with lovely Elan slalom skis for 60€ in Les Coches via Intersport having booked online
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Not sure where abouts in La Plagne you're staying, but skimium ask around €66 (slightly less if you've a decathlon account) for their top end package in some of their shops.

They do vary quite a bit in price depending on which of their shops you use though - for example the shop in Belle Plagne is about €94, where as the same package from Plagne Bellecote is about €66 (same package).

I seem to remember seeing a thread on here very recently with a few people recommending them.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@All, thanks for info - I know the one to avoid! and a few to consider. Other than the bad one I guess they're all much of a much. I'm staying in 1800 so ideal would be something very close and to be able to chop and change a couple of times especially if conditions change and perhaps get a chance of some powder skiing later in the week when I've found my legs
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

ideal would be something very close and to be able to chop and change a couple of times

I can't speak for the other options suggested, but I was offered the option to change equipment up to once per day for an extra €2 per day when booking with skimium - I suspect others will offer similar, but I don't know for sure.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy