Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Custom Insoles!

Poster: A snowHead
Hi Everyone,

I got custom insoles in my boots about 5 years ago now. It's the type where they heat the insole and form it to the shape of your feet.

Do these things last forever, or do they eventually flatten out? My right foot started hurting in my boot last night. It was like a cramp feeling along the sole of my right foot. I was down at the dry slope preparing for a trip in March. I starting thinking maybe the insole is finished and isn't supporting my sole properly.

Can these things be heated and reformed? Or do I have to shell out cash for new ones?

I was thinking of just taking them out altogether and seeing if that helps.

SnowJunkie.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
SnowJunkie, hi. They definitely flatten out. My custom insoles were 4-5 years old, and this week I took my boots to visit CEM in Bicester. I didn't know then that I needed to replace them, but when he took them out, they had obviously lost their shape and support.

The new insoles CEM fitted for me are very different to the old ones which Precision Ski in Val d'Isere did. And when they were all done and fitted they felt wonderful. My feet were snugly gripped in my boots again, nice and tight but without hurting. I wore them around the house for 2 hours the other evening and I just can't wait to go skiing with them in 4 weeks yesterday snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for asking this question - I have been meaning to ask this. I too got cramp in my forefoot the last time I went skiing, and the forefoot areas look very flat on my custom insole (also about 4 years old). Hopefully I can get an appointment in the next 3 weeks befeor my next trip to get some new ones made.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
SnowJunkie, I agree with RachelQ, about the insoles. New ones needed !. I also went to see CEM, in Bicester this week, for a little frame adjustment on my boots. He's a very talented lad where tootsies are concerned Very Happy
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have had all sorts of problem with my feet. Profeet are great they know exactly what they talking about. They are located in Fulham so they are quite close to you agavin.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
rburch Thanks - I had literally just finished making an appointment with them when I saw your comment. Laughing Great minds think alike .. and ... never mind rolling eyes
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rburch,
Quote:

I have had all sorts of problem with my feet. Profeet are great they know exactly what they talking about. They are located in Fulham so they are quite close to you agavin.

I had my boots fitted by Profeet last November Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
snowbunny, any tips? I have boots already, so am taking my boots, socks and shorts as requested by them? Already told them I have a very wide forefoot (had my boots stretched 2x already), but mainly going for new footbeds. Anything else you recommend I should take, tell them, look out for, do in advance etc?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
agavin, if you have any video of you skiing Profeet might find that useful in diagnosing any fit/alignment problems.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
agavin,
Quote:

snowbunny, any tips? I have boots already, so am taking my boots, socks and shorts as requested by them? Already told them I have a very wide forefoot (had my boots stretched 2x already), but mainly going for new footbeds. Anything else you recommend I should take, tell them, look out for, do in advance etc?

Go and see CEM, instead Very Happy
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
rob@rar.org.uk, unfortunately not - but I am sure that most of my skiing problems have a lot more to do with my technique than alignment rolling eyes

snowbunny, yes - sounds like a good option based on a few reports here, but its just not going to be possible over the next 2 weeks to get out there.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Guys, thanks a lot for all your responses. It looks like I'm going to have to get the insoles replaced. I'm going to head down next week to MacSki (Belfast) and get them sorted.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
SnowJunkie,

say hi to Des and the boys and make sure they put a block (either DD block or sabiliser, DD block is stronger, gives more rigidity but will cost a little more) on the bottom of the footbed to make it stable and last longer
may well be worth waiting to towards the end of the week, as there is a trade show on till wednesday in Manchester and they may be at that!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
CEM wrote:
SnowJunkie,

say hi to Des and the boys and make sure they put a block (either DD block or sabiliser, DD block is stronger, gives more rigidity but will cost a little more) on the bottom of the footbed to make it stable and last longer
may well be worth waiting to towards the end of the week, as there is a trade show on till wednesday in Manchester and they may be at that!

Will do. Thanks for the show info... I was hoping to go down on Wednesday during the day... will probably ring them now and see if they are about first.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I've been using custom foot beads for the ppast 12 years or so, wouldn't go without now. Provided that you get your boot vendor/fitter to fit them properly they should last for years.
snow conditions
CEM wrote:
SnowJunkie,

Went to macksi yesterday and got new insoles (with stabilisers). The last ones looked like they'd been melted a little by using the blow heaters in hotel ski lockers. Also, I think the extra weight I've put on contributed to the problem as well.

Boots feeling much better now, but a little rubbing on the outside of the left foot. I'm going to head to the dry slope on Saturday to see if I can iron that out, otherwise it's back to macski on Monday to see what they can do. Des mentioned maybe stretching the boot. So we'll see.

By the way. He was a bit freaked to hear that he was being discussed online and that people knew where he was...! Very Happy

They were at the trade show, but he flew back on Tuesday night.

Thanks again,
SnowJunkie.
snow report
SnowJunkie,

yeh i saw Des on Sunday at the show (and at the party afterwards) i warned him (sorry let him know) that you were on the way for some footbeds

glad to hear you are sorted, great bunch of guys they have in there!!
snow report
CEM, was John with him, or was he on his own?
snow conditions
Wear The Fox Hat, john was there too, didn't se him at the party but Des always was more of an animal
ski holidays
CEM, at his age Wink ?
I haven't seen the two of them in years.
snow report
I was going to start a new thread called the magic of CEM but remembered I'd posted here earlier.

I've just got back from 5 days' skiing, the first since CEM made me new footbeds. Never before have I done my boots up first thing in the morning and not adjusted them or undone them once during the day. I used to release the buckles on the lifts to get the blood back into my feet, and always when I stopped for a drink or lunch. But now my feet are so comfortable, warm and pain-free that I can walk and ski in my boots all day. I don't have to tighten them up half way through the day like I used to either, because they feel as if they hold my feet firmly and snugly.

I've had a fair few pairs of boots during my skiing life, including some foam fitted ones, which were fine for some time (until the birds got into the loft under our thatch and used the foam for nesting Shocked) but these boots, which I've had for four years, are like new with new footbeds.

CEM takes a lot of time and effort to get it right and knows his stuff, that's for sure, so thank you CEM.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy