Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

A happy customer service tale from Stoeckli...

Poster: A snowHead
I am in love with my Stoeckli Stormrider DP Pros (201cm). I got them from Telemark Pyrenees last year although they were their pre-release demo skis. They are sensational skis, skiable even on piste with some work.

Unfortunately I noticed that the metal top sheet on the right ski only was starting to show signs of aluminium corrosion. The top sheets and bases are damaged already due to 40 days' abuse in some indifferent conditions (and some sensational deep snow days with no base). I took them to a Stoeckli stockist in Davos who abrogated all responsibility to a dealer and who refused even to speak to Stoeckli for me (thanks Swiss Rent next to the Parsennbahn...).

Fortunately there is a Stoeckli dealer near me in Waedenswil so I popped in on the off chance without any expectations. It turns out that the problem is caused by improper cleaning of the metal surface prior to applying a protective lacquer causing corrosion later on. The upshot was that Stoeckli are replacing the skis for me for nothing despite them having had a season's worth of skiing already. Better still they are willing to wait until the autumn to replace them allowing me to ski on the current pair until then and then getting a new pair of next year's skis for nothing!!

These are an extremely expensive pair of skis so a very happy tale indeed and it is refreshing to hear that customer service is not dead!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
All my dealings with Stockli service centre (Engelberg ) have been very professional and happy experiences. Can't say a bad word about them and their skis aren't half bad either
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Powderhound, Blooming marvellous. I haven;t tried the Stormriders, but I lurved the '05 GS and SL race skis. Stoeckli rock.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Powderhound, that's very impressive!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rob@rar.org.uk, Maybe got lucky, maybe appealed to the Swiss German sense of fair play! I would have lived with them as they were without qualm if they had told me to sling my hook! I would also have got another pair when they became unusable...

I just looked at your thread on your Les Arcs pad. How did it work out? The Verbier snow has been poor until now but it has not discouraged the punters at all... How has Les Arcs fared? I noticed a question from Frosty the Snowman ref costs and covering them and as far as we are concerned we have managed to cover the annual mortgage and bills by a season's letting. The set-up costs are not covered and are quite high for a big place but as long as they are factored they do not shock too much. I hope yours has worked out as well... Laughing
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Powderhound, we're very happy with the way things have turned out with the apartment. It's used quite often by the family, and we're not looking for a large annual return; just enough to help with bills and taxes (which we should cover this year). I've had half a dozen trips this season and the snow has been OK - not often brilliant, but perfectly enjoyable. As my first trip was in November (skiing in Tignes, not Les Arcs), and I'll also have a trip or two in April I'm not complaining about either the quality of the snow nor the length of the season! The current heavy snowfall should make conditions very much better for my next trip in a couple of weeks Smile
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Have fun - it's tipping down here but deciding where to go this weekend is the issue, weather forecasts are all pretty poor... Alagna last weekend for a pre-arranged birthday party was good crack but dreadful skiing. vastly compensated for by a stunning Sunday in Andermatt on the way home! I think the season will be a long one... snowHead
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
You can download a stöckli promo' video here if anyone's interested.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I've just taken my battered Laser SC's in which I thought might be beyond repair and they're saying they can probably fix them. Using a logic I can't follow this will cost 39chf as it's the basic service cost. In the meantime I've got a pair of their Stormriders on loan Very Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
ise,
Quote:

I've just taken my battered Laser SC's in which I thought might be beyond repair and they're saying they can probably fix them. Using a logic I can't follow this will cost 39chf as it's the basic service cost. In the meantime I've got a pair of their Stormriders on loan

Your day just got a lot better . I saw your post on DC, and thought that you might be able to do of the three options, with good planning wink Very Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
can I find out where Stöckli demo centres are, or are there any in Trois Vallees, la tania or closeby preferred Wink
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
gregh,
Quote:

can I find out where Stöckli demo centres are, or are there any in Trois Vallees, la tania or closeby preferred

I believe that their Demo Centres in Europe are located in Switzerland. Here is their website,
http://www.stoeckliski.ch/index_en.html
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
snowbunny wrote:

I believe that their Demo Centres in Europe are located in Switzerland. Here is their website,

That's right, it's probably the case that Stöckli aren't much interested in the European market anyway, they only make 42,000 pairs a year which are mostly sold at home or in the US. I doubt non-Swiss service comes even close as well.

I've got to go get my Lasers this morning, so I'll be interested to see what sort of job they made.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ise,
Quote:

I've got to go get my Lasers this morning, so I'll be interested to see what sort of job they made.

Let us know what you think of the repair Smile
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
ise,

Did you get to blast the XL's.... I'm guessing the weather was against you.!!
I'd expect them to lag behind the Lasers on-piste, of course.
snow report
JT wrote:
ise,

Did you get to blast the XL's.... I'm guessing the weather was against you.!!
I'd expect them to lag behind the Lasers on-piste, of course.

Yes, I got the best day on Sunday at Moléson, they lack the stabiliy the lasers have for rutted ice but are way better than my zags on that surface. In powder or chopped snow the XL's are great though. So popular the local stores have sold out in popular sizes Very Happy

The repair on my Lasers looks great, I'll need to ski on them to see is it holds but it was certainly worth 39.-chf to try.
snow report
ise,
Quote:

The repair on my Lasers looks great, I'll need to ski on them to see is it holds but it was certainly worth 39.-chf to try.

If it holds, then it seems very good value. When is testing day ? Very Happy
ski holidays
Quote:

If anyone is interested in testing them and is in the vicinity of Sauze d'Oulx, then pop along to Faure Sport. I believe they are the only stockist in Italy, or so the rep tells their son, who used to race the europa cup circuit on them. Speak to Mauro (dad), or Federico (son who raced) and I'm sure they'll let you trial some. Fed hand prepared my Atomics last year with race profile edges etc and they were fantastic. Great service!
snow report
Quote:

can I find out where Stöckli demo centres are, or are there any in Trois Vallees, la tania or closeby preferred

Jean Blanc Sports in 1850 stocks XLs (or did in 2004 when I bought mine) and will demo them.
snow report
Big G, Frachey Sports in Champoluc stock them too...
ski holidays
Fred in the Stockli shop in jindabyne NSW Australia is always happy to let you demo Smile
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy