Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Childcare

Poster: A snowHead
So I’m looking to book a trip next year with my wife and kids. We’ve done it before and it’s been great. Fortunate to get away this year with the lads as we have a new baby. But next year we’ll be looking at 10, 4 (nearly 5) and 2 years old. We’ve gone with Crystal the last few times and we’ve found the childcare options really good, and fairly cost effective. However, the choice of resorts and accommodation is limited. This time round we’d be happy with hotel childcare as opposed to tour operator based childcare. Primarily need the 2 year old sorted. The 10 year old is well experienced on the snow and we’ll happily drop her to ski school. The 4 year old could be awkward so would be good to have kinder style ski school for her plus some afternoon childcare in hotel. We’ve looked at club med which could be an option, but very expensive. Totally open minded as to resort and country. Also, we’re based in Dublin so obviously less tour operators than the uk. We’d consider booking accommodation and flights separately and just arranging it all ourselves. Any recommendations would be fantastic. Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Philo2008, have a look at Ski Famille who are in Les Gets, and somewhere else but can’t recall where. They seem a well run set up.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Philo2008, we found VIP Ski and Esprit to be good.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks folks. Will definitely check them out
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Philo2008, Clubmed will be releasing their next season prices end of January and they sometimes do very good early booking discounts so have a look. We went to CM Tignes for Christmas but to warn you the ski school is not gentle at all - it’s ESF ( you may have seen my other thread on our adventures with our 7 yr old) but overall childcare was good for older kids , we were a few families with kids aged 4-10 and they loved the mini club and the shows ( so would be good for your 10 year old) ... for our almost 4 yr old we chose a gentler ski school/nursery just opposite CM and a private nanny for afternoon and it worked great for him... We booked this separately, so I think you could do the same for your 2 yr old ( or full day nanny)... CM also have a few resorts were they have baby club, but we have not been. Not sure if CM would be good for your almost 5 yr old , it depends on a child.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Recommendation here for Ski Famille. Good setup and looked after my girl incredibly well, back with them this year
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Not sure if it's what your looking for but we have stayed several times at the Neige et Ciel in les menuires It's part of the balambra hotel group. We booked through a tour operator. It has its own hotel crèche which we used from my daughter being 1 up to age 5 and it was fantastic. When she turned 3 they offered a bus service at a cost that took her to and from ski school (and a member of the crèche team went with them) . The crèche / childcare was free hope this helps.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks Bella2015, I did see your post about ESF, sounds like a terrible experience. We found them fine in the past but definitely worth remembering. Would actually love to try Tignes as Ive never been, so I’ll check out CM in a few weeks. A rep had told me about the early booking discounts so it could be cost effective.
Carla4221, that hotel could be what we’re looking for, cheers
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
If you are interested in the 3 Vallees, then I can recommend Snow Magic. They run 5 or 6 chalets in La Tania/Courcheval La Prez. Their childcare is really good. We went with them last year and booked our kids (6,5 & 3) into afternoon care and they loved it. It was reasonably priced too.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
If you are interested in the 3 Vallees, then I can recommend Snow Magic. They run 5 or 6 chalets in La Tania/Courcheval La Prez. Their childcare is really good. We went with them last year and booked our kids (6,5 & 3) into afternoon care and they loved it. It was reasonably priced too.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Philo2008, I'll add the Family Ski Company into the mix. Not the same group as Ski Famille, but a similar set up. Very good childcare options across the age range, and also pretty flexible if you give them a call. They do transfers from Geneva so you sort your own flights (or car, or train).
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@mgrolf, yes, I should have mentioned the Family Ski Company who operate out of Ardent which is at the bottom of the gondola which goes up to Lindarets and then you can take the lifts in various directions to different parts of the PDS.

We were down in the Cosy Cafe at Ardent (used to be the Escapade) before Christmas when it was barely open and the boss of the FSC was there doing finishing touches to the bar etc and was telling us that they run/own the bar/Cafe now and will be doing food on the Chalet staff nights off this year. We were also there last week on one of those dreadful rainy/windy days as no skiing and we had friends staying whose son and family are staying with FSC in March. Lots of the staff were in the bar and they were very charming and helpful telling our friends about the various chalets and the way the set up works. They didn’t need to, in their own time etc, so I hope the enthusiasm last all season.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Have a look at Whistler. The mountain do child care for 18-48months old and brilliant kids lessons all day (won't push the 4yo if they don't want to ski all day, they play inside too) for over 3yo.
Yes may cost more than Europe but maybe worth a look.
Price it all up at SkiIndependance to see what it will be.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'm looking at organising a family friendly trip (also from Dublin) next New Years week to here: http://www.cis-valcenis.com/

Been there 7 years in row, went elsewhere the past 3 years but back next year as nothing compares in terms of price and general ease with kids. €500ish per adult, under 3's free, discounts for the older ones, and that's full board (with wine at lunch and dinner) and ski pass included! Travel generally under 200 each. That's basic accommodation but there are more luxurious options too if you want. Reasonably priced ski hire onsite too. It's ski in, and almost ski out. Great skiing, easy beginner runs and lots of challenges too.

There's a minibus to take the kids to ski school and a good creche for the little ones. Evening kids club, entertainment and cheap bar onsite. And they do a great spread for New Years Eve!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Pending, sounds interesting. Will pm you.
snow report
Hi Philo2008 ,

We fly from Dublin too. This year we are going to Saalbach hinterglemm and staying in the hotel Johann on the Hinterglemm end. We haven't been to Saalbach before but the hotel has family rooms and apartments and childcare from 2 years of age is included . Our 4 year old will go into the Bambini morning only lessons with ski school across the road and they tell us they will return him to the hotel who will then mind him if we want to ski longer. Our 7 year old has skied before and will try the full day lessons to see how she gets on .
Previously we have booked with Family Ski in Ardent . They include transfers but not flights so we flew to Geneva and they picked us up. We thought they were very good but expensive .
For the last two years we again flew to Geneva and this time stayed with Family Friendly ski in La Tania . They have as much or as little childcare as you want, chalet set up and the nannys come to you which can be incredibly helpful in the morning . They will drop kids to ski school and generally collect all the kids using one of the chalets as their base. We loved La Tania , great choice of ski schools and our daughter came on really well in semi private lessons with some of the other kids staying with the company. We found the January package deal they did was very good value.
This year we are tied to March and as I said above we are back to Austria ( this is working out A lot cheaper than any of the above options in March) ) which we loved pre kids . We are flying to Salzburg and I'll get around to booking our transfer one of these days ! HTH !
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy