Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

prices for drink/food

Poster: A snowHead
hello all.
been going through all the posts regarding bequeira/beret resort in spain and am getting a bit worried about the prices there cos a lot of people have mentioned how the resot is full of wealthy spanish and other well heeled groups. i'm booking a trip for a big group for 2007 and i will get nailed if food and drink prices are expensive. group consider over 15eur for a main course and 3.50 for a pint (not a glass!!) expensive.
my group go pretty heavy on the apre ski scene(yes we are irish) and I would really appreciate any advice on prices as i will try somewhere else if its too expensive. any other advice would be welcome also. we are thinking about trying hotel tuc blanc in baqueira. flying from cork into barcelona and hiring a few people carriers from there. is it driveable? are we mad? 2 kids in group as well!. no nearer direct flights airport for us from cork.

ps: austria has been our ski country of choice up to now, are we we better off sticking with it? please help.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
creedgearoid, Less fashionable resorts in Italy can be good value
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you can find a bar in a decent ski resort where a pint only costs 3.5 eur please let me know.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Fri 17-02-06 12:57; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
gsb, I know of several where it costs that or less (but they aren't in Europe)

e.g.

BEER SELECTION
DRAFT:
Premium $3.00 pint / $9.00 pitcher
Amstel Light, Bohemian Cherny Bock
Bohemian Viennese Lager, Michelob Ultra
Uinta Cutthroat, Baja Especial
Dead Horse Amber Ale, Lizard Lite Ale
Derailer Red Ale, Park City Steamer
Uinta Hefeweizen, and Weekly Tap Specials

$4.00 pint / $12.00 pitcher
Guinness Black and Tan

Domestic $2.50 pint / $7.00 pitcher
Coors Light Budwesier

http://www.skigmd.com/Saloon.html

A pitcher = 3.5 pints

And for a rough conversion...
$2.50 = £1.45
$3 = £1.75
$4 = £2.32
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
creedgearoid wrote:
i'm booking a trip for a big group for 2007 and i will get nailed if food and drink prices are expensive. .

suspect you will get preferential rates if there are 2007 of you. Logisitics of getting a table could be fun! Blush Blush snowHead
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ok, thanks for that but i reckon its in the wrong continent for us. did u ski there or just pick this up off the net? read in ifyouski.com review that nite life was the "worst ever", just wondering as it might be an option in a few years.
still need an answer to my original question "prices of food and drink in baqueira/beret". someone out there has to hav bought a pint there sometime in the last few years!!! pleeeeeeeeeeease
as to resorts where a pint costs less than or near 3.50eur 5years ago andorra, 4yrs ago westendorf, 3yrs ago st johann, -2 passo tonale, -1 lermoos, jan 06 schladming (some bars) dont go to the recommended bar list on the leaflets they pass out, only serve small glass for the price of large (rip off)
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Beer prices appear to have stabilised right across Europe. 3-4 euro for a pint appeared the norm in Sauze the other week - just the same as at home in the pub.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
creedgearoid, Ryanair might just waive excess baggage for a 'take-on' keg of Guiness Toofy Grin - then again I haven't seen a squadron of flying pot-bellies lately..... Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
creedgearoid, those are pretty realistic prices for anywhere in Europe. Has anyone in your group *been* to a ski resort before? Shocked wink snowHead
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
creedgearoid,wrote
Quote:

austria has been our ski country of choice up to now
so obviously he has been to ski resorts before.... but it does seem at the moment that Austria is generally cheaper than lots of the other options. Those accustomed to the Austrian style of "apres ski" might find most other parts of the Alps, especially anywhere in France, a bit of a let down. But at least the bars will be open late in Spain!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
creedgearoid, been there, skiied it, loved it, and happy enough with the nightlife.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
creedgearoid, Better 0.5 and her sister have both seasoned there and are big fans. Sophie's parents had to go to Bacqueira to physically drag her back to University. I was allowed to visit their old hunting ground last year and was well impressed. The skiing is extremely well thought out and organised - like France only better.

There is little on-mountain eating beyond burgers and hot dogs as the Spanish all ski from as early as they feel like until about 14.30-15.00 at which point they slope off for lunch at home. We were staying with residents so I don't know about eating out in town - looked like it was really just hotels. Can't comment in detail.

Nightlife? Although there is a club, they wanted a ridiculous door fee so we bailed. But if it Sophie and Odile stayed happy there must be some somewhere. I do think they may have driven down the valley though. I shall ask.

Yes, you can drive from Barcelona, although I think Toulouse is a little closer. You may even find some sort of shuttle bus?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Bad Hofgastein Jan 2006 :-

pint of beer 3.10 Euros

Lunch 3.50 to 6 Euros.

These are prices up the mountain - cheaper than pubs and caffs in Central London.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
David Murdoch, thanks dave and the other snowheads for the info
any other info u can get from your family would be appreciated dave.
im just afraid beer and grub prices will be tru the roof and will be 2 late to change once we hav booked hotel and flight which we are doing soon if its not 2 expensive there.
snow report
creedgearoid, I certainly didn't notice it being significantly different from other resorts, but I'm not very good at noticing that!

Actually, I would have noticed if beer was outrageously expensive.

Actually (2), Sophie's considered opinion is that Bacqueira is a similar cost and (tremendous) value for money as Italy. You will be better off if you have cars as some of the restaurants are tucked away in the surrounding villages. There are restuarants in Bacqueira itself too though.

You will also find the locals incredibly hospitable in general.
ski holidays
creedgearoid, I was reading this thread and my wife starts reading over my shoulder and says tight Cork hoors - what else would you expect from a Kerry woman.

Remember to come back n post what you thought of it.
ski holidays
thanks again dave, your the closest i've come to the info i was looking for in my original post question, not that i didn't appreciate all the other posts as well!!!.
as for the swiss kerry lady, it's "cute cork hoors and meeaan cavan bxxxxrds" is how the saying goes i think, "cute"not being the "ooooh look at him he's so cute" more like the other type cute. ANYWAY, whats a kerry woman doing calling a corkman tight? its like the other saying goes " the kettel calling the pot black!!!! anyway, how did a kerry woman end up in switzerland?
there's a joke there somewhere!!
snow conditions
creedgearoid, Given evidence of your 'Cute' heritage, you will no doubt recognise the there are only two Kingdoms - that of God and the other more important Kingdom........ Toofy Grin (Whence I came..!)
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy