Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

movin ski bindings

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hi eveyone ,wonder if any of you can help,just bought a pair of head skis for the wife from ebay ,shes a size 6 in a boot ,it seems the binding has been fited for 4 even when adjusted to the maximum is still too small,its a two piece marker binding m4.2 so i think its just a case of moving the forward binding forward ,redrilling holes and lining up the mark on the boot with the centre mark on the ski ,then the same for the back one , glue and screw plug old holes and then ski, does this make sense to anyone who knows hopefully someone will point me in the right direction. thanks all gary
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ozwhit, thats about it, but do yourself and your wife a favour take em to a shop and have then do the work, it will cost £25 or so but will guarantee that they are right and more importantly safe Very Happy
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ozwhit, Welcome to snowHeads.

Yes that makes perfect sense & any decent ski shop will be able to remount the bindings for you for about £25-£40. It's also pretty easy to do yourself if you're a competent DIY'er. If your setting-out skills are any good you don't need even need a template just some masking tape, a decent ruler, pencil, the correct binding drill/reamer & some mounting screws. It all depends how much you paid for the skis - if they were dirt cheap then upto £40 is a lot to pay whereas if you paid hundreds then it's worth getting a store to do them. One advantage of using a store is that you can get them to do a binding check at the same time which is recommended before using s/h skis.

Your big problem is that the store is highly likely to not mount the bindings far enough forward, especially for a female user whose anatomy is such that a more forward position is usually required. Please read my recent post re the Campbell Balancer which explains the best way to determine the mounting position. Unfortunately most stores do not have this equipment but again a bit of creative DIY'ing would get you close.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
thanks spyderjon i read your article about setting the bindings forward of the origanal line and it makes perfect sense ,only paid 70 quid for the skis head cyber x20 ,and would love to get into ski tuning ,do you think i should get new screws or loctite the old ones in ,i could fibreglass fill the old holes .
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ozwhit, get a proper no.3 Pozi screwdriver (6") so that you can remove the screws without damaging the heads. If they don't want to undo try tightening them slight before then going anti-clockwise. If so you can re-use them. Use green loctite to give a secure fix but not so secure that they can't be reomoved in the future. Araldite is good for filling the old holes. I'll PM you some tuning info.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ozwhit, if you have time, i'd buy some old nackered skis on ebay for a tenner, and have a dry run on them before letting yourself loose on your wife's skis
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
hi everyone got me screwdriver out today and sorted them bindings out ,also did a bit campbell balancing with marker pens and a scafold pole as my centre pivot ,end up movimg them icm forward of the centre point ,wifes gonna give them a try on the dry slope sunday ,although probaly not the best place to try ,thanks spyderjohn for the pm it was very helpful,and a big thanks to aqll of you at snowheads,,gary
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ozwhit, glad you got sorted & hope everything goes well on Sunday.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
just to let you know how my wife got on with her new skis ,well she certainly was sking better normally shes on the dry slope about an hour and thats her limit this time she was on there for three, saying what i say and we all say just one more run , it certainly made a difference by moving the bingings forward,she was more comfotable in her stance and her turns were easier,so it can only get better,thanks everyone for your comments. regards gary
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
ozwhit, Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy