Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Soldeu (El Tarter) - advice including car parking

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all
We've reserved an apartment in El Tarter as usual; we'll drive there and park under the apt building, then walk to the chair every morning.

Now we have friends who are looking at joining us. They will likely stay in Soldeu close to that lift. If they join us, my 11 yr old will start to learn snowboarding with their son. Almost certainly then the lessons will be in the Soldeu learning area, not El Tarter. As it will be her first time ever on a board, I don't see that she can go up the El Tarter lift and ski across to the Soldeu learning area.

In which case, it's possible that we'll get up 30 mins earlier each morning, shove everything in the car and drive to Soldeu to join them going up the lift. Where do I leave the car?

Their hotel isn't booked yet. I could try to get something in the hotel car park if they decided to transfer by bus and still have the right to a parking space... More likely, people talk about an underground parking by the Soldeu lift. I've never been there. Anyone know what it's like, particularly parking costs and if/when it gets full? A search in English found a 2013 figure of about 10 euros per day. Security - risk of car being damaged?

What's the news right now about building some big new bridge over that parking (causing Grandvalira to fracture), is all the parking still available?

Maybe an alternative is for them to drive to the El Tarter lift and meet us in the free overground car park. All this will be easier once we know if/how they're going. But thought I'd ask already Smile

Thanks!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We've used the multi storey car park by the Soldeu gondola many times with no problems
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The Soldeu multi story car park is really expensive, it’s more than €10 a day. Sorry I can’t remember exact cost but you could try the tourist office. There’s some small outdoor car parks too but I couldn’t park in the one on the main street for some reason. Might have been a limit to how you many hours you could park or something like that
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Orange200 I believe that there is surface parking available behind the Piolets Hotel for €3. It is Zona Blava (blue zone) and applies from 0800 to2000. If travelling from El Tarter turn right down hill opposite the Aspen Bar. The gondola is less than 100m. Returning to the car park is easy. You take the lift to the level below the gondola and exit through the underground car park side door to your left. Spaces are limited and may fill up early.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@kevinraine, that's great. Thank you so much. Are you there, do you know anything about the current works at the bottom to enlarge the area?

@moseyp, cheers, I'm warned Smile Didn't think of the tourist office, I'll look around.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Orange200, no I’m not there at the moment and I must say that the car park price may have increased slightly. The €3 was a couple of years ago. The article below explains the possible break up and the reasons.

http://www.fall-line.co.uk/andorra-grandvalira-ski-resort-break-up/

I am not sure how far any works have progressed. Basically the existing run out from 3 pistes ends in a narrow bridge over a gorge. Then skiers take one of four lifts to underground car park, gondola and street level. It seems that there is a proposal to widen the bridge and incorporate a large free car park beneath it.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy