Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Day trip from Geneva -- Les Gets best choice?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello, I will be in Geneva for the motor show in early March on business. Was thinking about taking a day at the end of the trip (March 5-Cool and sneaking off to Les Gets from Geneva.

Has anyone done this? How did you do it?

I'll be staying somewhere near Cornevin train station. By my calculations and experience, Les Gets is probably the closest "real" station. I'll only do this if the snow is good. The idea would be to leave as early as possible in the morning to be on slope by 10 a.m. at latest and ski till 430, then back to Geneva. Setting aside cost of lift ticket and ski hire, what's the best transit method? I know there are transfer services, but if I could find a cheap rental car I'm all for that, too.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Les Gets not actually closest..... for example 56 minutes by car gets to you Morillion to ski Grand Massif....27 minutes gets to you Crozet to ski Lelex/Crozet...its over an hour to Les Gets. In early March, you'd hope snow will be good everywhere. You should be able to pick up a cheap and nasty car rental easy enough. For a one day trip, I'd be a fan of saving transit time, but of couse if you leave early enough you can be anywhere in a reasonably wide radius for first lifts... I've used patrick location for cheap car rental in the past, they are cheap but will try their best to charge you for anything they can get away with...

http://www.patricklocation.ch/en
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Any of Chamonix / Morillon / Grand Bernand / St Gervais about an hour away. Jura is a little low for my taste, even early to mid March. Les Gets just adds about an additional 15/20 mins for no particular benefit.

BUt you can decide the night before, etc.

I'd also rent a a cheap car. Pick up the night before and you won't even need it for more than 24 hours.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks, all. I had forgotten about Morillon, as I know that area well at least in summer. I was thinking of access from Flaine.

And thanks for tip about Patrick car. Will see what it costs...
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Pasigal, esp. if it's a weekday, I'd say Morillon best bet.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
How about catching a train to one of the Valais resorts? I've often seen day-trippers get off at various locations when I've been travelling to Martigny e.g. Aigle for Leysin/Les Diablerets (or perhaps Champéry-PDS?).

www.sbb.ch/en will give you timetable including bus and télépherique links. Of course, you could go to Verbier, but that would take about 2h25m according to SBB.

Driving, it's 1h50m Geneva to Le Chable, where there's a huge free car park at the base télécabine up to Verbier. We've parked there and skiied Bruson and Verbier for a day, although we were staying only about 50 mins away. Obviously, the train brings the problem of boot transport and storage, unless your a boarder. Although I have seen booted skiers on the train as well.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Or go the extra 15 minutes from Les Gets to Morzine and go directly up the Super Morzine and have the rest of the PdS to go at. Les Gets will be a great option if the snow conditions are good however.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy