Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Salopettes/Ski Trouser Recommendations

JeffJeff
JeffJeff
Haven't been skiing in a long while and looking for some ski trousers that aren't your typical shiny rustly material.

I have two coats that are both 100% polyester and equally waterproof but one feels like a hardwearing nylon belt on the exterior whilst the other is like walking around in a tent: constant rustle, rustle, rustle until you go mad.

I am hoping to get some ski trousers like the former but so far everything I've seen is like the latter. Can anyone recommend something?

It's very difficult to judge such qualities from pictures online and everything I have looked at in shops so far is annoying or unsuitable. I plan on going into Ski Bartlett soon as it is just up the road from me but generally everything they have is way out of my price range. My coat was surprisingly cheap (although I did get it in the US) so it doesn't seem like it should be this hard to find matching trousers without breaking the bank.

Thanks.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
What make is your jacket ??

Ebay is a good place to look (price wise anyway..)
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sport Pursuit.
ski holidays
 JeffJeff
JeffJeff
Turns out I didn't read the label properly and the exterior is 100% cotton so probably heavy cotton treated with waterproofing stuff which is why it's so quiet. It's C.E. Schmidt which looks like it is Tractor Supply Co in America's own brand.

In any case something equivalent is what I'm looking for.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You have a cotton ski jacket ?

I just treated my Goretex pro shell to a wash and DWR refresh prior to heading out on Friday. Yep it rustles a bit, but beads superbly. Think that's to be accepted unless you go softshell and lose water repellency. It's hardly noticeable though in use, and I'd rather have that than be soaked!
snow report
 JeffJeff
JeffJeff
endoman wrote:
You have a cotton ski jacket ?

I just treated my Goretex pro shell to a wash and DWR refresh prior to heading out on Friday. Yep it rustles a bit, but beads superbly. Think that's to be accepted unless you go softshell and lose water repellency. It's hardly noticeable though in use, and I'd rather have that than be soaked!

Never used it for skiing but I was in New York last year during a blizzard and it was perfect and I've worn it in torrential rain over here with no problems. It has a polyester lining and padding but I didn't actually realise the outside was cotton until I looked at the label. Eventually I'll probably have to re-waterproof it I guess.

If it's no good then I have another jacket but it seems like if a waterproofed cotton jacket can work then trousers should too.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy