Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lammerbichl to Eggalm Ski Route Mayrhofen

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Howdy All

Going with a mixed ability group next week to Mayrhofen and I notice on the piste map that you can access Eggalm via the ski route at the bottom of Lammerbichl chair - How easy a route is it?

Most of the group are confident skiers who will have a go at anything, but there are a couple who are a bit more reserved and don't like anything too steep or silly...Anything more than a red gets their knees shaking Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Getting there is mostly easy - its just a road.
Coming back may be a bit slushy/cut up (I've only been there late season so might not be a problem next week).
You could always download on the gondola then I guess you'd then have to get a bus to the Rastkogel gondola.
Plenty of videos on youtube - just search rastkogel eggalm
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Never even thought to look on YT Smile

Considering it's a skiroute it actually looks like it's well looked after and skiable for pretty much anyone
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@mauddib, it's a nice easy blue piste. A road basically, with a few twists and turns. Good fun, very easy.

God knows why they mark it as a ski route
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@mauddib, it’s not a piste as @red 27, claims it’s a ski route because it’s un pisted. Any difficulty you may find depends on how cut up the surface is. Also as stated it is a road and thus narrow. as a result some people may have trouble controlling their speed. There is one particular tricky hairpin by the Waldhutte. Anyone who can ski a red confidently will be ok.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I have been down the route in excess of 50 times, it had always been pisted.

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Mon 8-01-18 23:28; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@kevinraine & @red 27, it reminds me of the home blue back to Soll which the guys in question have done at least 30 times, so I'm sure they'll be OK with this
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The 4 days we were there it was pisted daily and it is super simple - if you can get to it via any of the Rastkogel runs that lead to it, then you will be able to ski it. No idea why it's down as a ski route...

Plus there is a great ski hut 1/2 way down with amazing Jagertee...
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@mauddib, Glad you enjoyed it - a really lovely little run.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy