Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

[Survey] What type of skier are you?

Poster: A snowHead
For an engineering school projet i'm seeking the snowHeads help to respond to a survey on a new type of ski boots:
Ski boots Survey
Thank you all Little Angel Little Angel
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
done
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I think I’ve done it, but as I wasn’t prepared to give an email address I don’t know if it completed.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
done
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@touilmalek, done. Although same as @foxtrotzulu, I didn't enter the very last page after your survey.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Done...the email page is just SurveyMonkey touting for business in French
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Done
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@touilmalek, As is often the case with such quizzes, my preferred responses were actually "it depends on what you mean" but nevertheless I've completed the survey and I hope you find the final results useful.

Your age range options speak volumes! Laughing
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Done..
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
motyl wrote:

Laughing I'm glad I wasn't the only one!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Izzop wrote:
motyl wrote:

Laughing I'm glad I wasn't the only one!
Haha, I thought that too!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
done

BUT

I think you've taken some fairly meaningless questions that are loosely relatable to the subject and you will try to interpret that data as meaningful and it just obviously won't be. If this is a serious project then you need to get some (a) high sample-size, (b) quantifiable, (c) and useful data.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Done
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Guessing this is not from Harvard or Cambridge wink
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Completed, but as said, the age selection speaks volumes.

Let me impart the wisdom of age, Grasshopper:

1 - Ski boots do not have to be uncomfortable, even high performance ones, even worn all day. Trufax.
2 - Unless you are very lucky ski boots do need to be properly fitted, and comformabl' insoles or the like are essential for a proper fit for most people
3 - Ski boots are not for walking in, they are - surprise - for skiing in. Walking in them regularly will b*gger them up.
4 - If you find it difficult walking downstairs, go down backwards
ski holidays
Done.

The age selection did make me laugh. Presumably 'Over 30' equates to 'Old people'.

I suspect a wider age range and more choices would give the OP a better indication of who might be interested in his ski boot idea. Unless it's aimed at the rental market in which case cost and reliability are probably the main drivers anyway.
snow report
Done, but I get the feeling the survey is set up to provide a certain answer to support your theory/plan rather than a genuine set of data.
ski holidays
Done, but why trade off boot performance over being able to walk in them?

Some K2 boots have a walk / ski mode and I might try them out this year, which makes walking to the first lift easier, and also the apres ski walking / dancing easier, but it doesn't necessarily make performance on the slopes any worse (and it couldn't make my performance on the dance floor any worse either).

Oh, and by the way, the age groups? Do you really think that everyone over 30 has the same needs?
latest report
Done... same points as above but otherwise filled in wink

But as far as 'What type of skier are you?' there is no need to go further than this amazing survey...
http://www.playbuzz.com/bentok10/what-type-of-skier-are-you

Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
latest report
@touilmalek, it is also quite entertaining completing the survey if you state you are a snowboarder!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy