Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val d'isere - best place to buy boots

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys,

Are there any shops that come highly recommended in Val for buying boots?

Hoping for a proper shop with proper fitters, much like the Boot Lab in Meribel/Courchevel.

Had a pretty horrible experience buying boots with a UK shop in the past. They fitted dreamily in the shop but within an hour of skiing my feet were in agony! Not much you can do when your out there for a season as well Very Happy

Cheers
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Have a read of this thread: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=134877&highlight=
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@DavThomas, to be fair mate there are good and bad shops in the UK. Maybe you should try a good one Very Happy

Also are you aware that it's perfectly plausible that your badly fitting boots could be made to fit well, rather than shelling out on new ones?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
dp wrote:
... badly fitting boots... made to fit well... ...shelling out...

I like what you did there...
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
dp wrote:
@DavThomas, to be fair mate there are good and bad shops in the UK. Maybe you should try a good one Very Happy

Also are you aware that it's perfectly plausible that your badly fitting boots could be made to fit well, rather than shelling out on new ones?

I've got no gripe with the shop in the uk. It was Edge and Wax in Sussex, like I said they fitted great in the shop but unfortunately there aren't too many mountains in Sussex to test them out on and the acid test with boots comes from when you ski in them. I had them adjusted in the boot lab in Meribel which gave me nearly two seasons use out of them but it's time for a new pair!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Old Fartbag wrote:
Have a read of this thread: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=134877&highlight=

cheers mate
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Surefoot. On the main street. If you have any problems they have a branch in London as well. I bought my boots in London and had them tweaked in Val. Great service and knowledge. http://www.surefoot.com/val_dlsere.php
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'd recommend JoJo @ Nevada sports as well.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy