Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Nordica Navigator 85 (or 90?)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just back from a week in La Rosiere , hired some Nordica Navigator 85's from Skimium (specifically requested them as they have been well reviewed).

179 cm length (I weigh around 76 kilos and am 182 cm tall - level 9 on the inside out scale).

I ski 3 weeks a year.

Absolutely loved them, fast carved on piste , made short turns quickly and coped well enough with 30cm of fresh powder (I am mainly a piste skier but will venture to the sides or cross between when I can) - to the point where I was going to bite the bullet and buy some when the right deal comes on with Glisshop so I can stop worrying about ski hire.

However , my wife's gnarled old ski instructor said I should look at the Nordica Navi 90's...he said they were better . More stable and comfortable underfoot.

I couldn't find any to try so I am now looking for advice - has anyone tried both ?

Is the extra 5 mm the only change , or do they have other differences?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I skied a few days on the 90s in Obergurgl and absolutely loved them, did everything I needed them to at all speeds and they felt very solid and stable. I would say that they needed a fair bit of skier input to work well, I got punished pretty hard for being lazy a few times.

The 90 is apparently stiffer than the 85, I don't think that's because of any change in construction, just that the extra 5mm is more ski to bend. They are also more expensive.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy