Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Will I notice a slightly wider ski?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Ciao,

I live in Cham and ski on Rossi Experience 88s from a few years ago. Got a chance at a decent deal on some K2 Hardside's which are 98 underfoot and was just wondering if I'd notice it. Cham has been quite snowy so I was after something wider and they come with frame touring bindings which would be nice. Do you think I should hold out for something even wider though as I won't notice a difference between 88 and 98 in powder?

Cheers
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You'll notice a bit. I think you'll find that they are close enough though that you only ski on one of them in almost all conditions. Some thing wider would be more complementary if you expect to have both skis with you on ski trips but if you only take one pair then no problem.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Meltus, I’ve got some hardsides and love them. Ski on them all the time, you should notice the difference over the 88 I previously skied on 84 and they seemed a big step especially in the off.
I’ve found big skis ie 115+ can make my knees ache.

Welcome to Snowheads.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Meltus, there are lots of good 2nd hand skis on the Chamonix buy and sell FB page if you want wider skis at low cost - you can probably try most of them before you buy if you are there
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
merci chaps. Yeah I've seen these ones on Cham buy and sell, going to see them tonight. They're only 110 yoz so I might get them and then get rid of one pair if I find myself only ever skiing one set.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy