Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Off piste - La Rosiere

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Heading out later this month with some of the other half's friends. I don't think any of them are keen to do any off-piste and sadly none of the mates I usually ski with are coming along. I'm a competent skier and tend to spend most of my time off-piste. It extremely likely that it'll just be me skiing off-piste in the whole group and I really don't fancy being the guide or skiing alone.

I've looked into joining off-piste group sessions and Evolution and ESF seem to run them for bits of the week. Has anyone used either and would they prefer one over the other? Also, do people have any other recommendations? Thanks in advance.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've been to La Rosiere a few times and have generally just ended up booking an instructor to take me off piste for a few hours one day in the week. I tried to book onto the ESF off piste sessions once and after a bit of discussion on ski levels was advised that the others already booked were new to off-piste and I would spend a lot of time waiting around. Might be worth asking in resort or just booking the first day to see.

There's quite a lot of between-the-pistes stuff up by the Fort lift which is fun for a morning if you get some freash snow and (in my opinion, use your own judgement) is relatively safe. Other than that there is Heliskiing available, think it was €300 ish when I was there last year but it's hard to book a single skier as you are reliant on another group to make up the 4 per helicopter that they are looking for. I've tried to book a couple of times but haven't managed it yet. I've seen videos on You Tube though and it looks awesome. If you want to do it I'd suggest contacting both ESF and Evolution and giving them your details in case they have a space come up.

HTH
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks very much.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Update: Evolution run an easy and higher off-piste groups if there are enough people. I managed to get 4 days with guiding two of which were ski touring with about 800m ascents each and one where there were only two of us with a guide. They do try and run a group if they can and offer options to step-up/ down as the case may be. Overall, a great area to ski in with lots of excellent 'next to piste' options, trees, boot packs and touring options.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy