Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Samoens ESF ski school for 5 year old do i need lift pass?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So, planning to go to Samoens in Feb and taking my 5 year old daughter for her first time.

Planning to book her into the ESF piou piou snow garden but from what I can gather, we'll need to go up a gondola to get to the ski school. So even though she's 5 and won't really be skiing as such, she need a ski pass Sad.

looking on line I see we can buy the full grand massif or massif (not really any cheaper than full area pass with family discount). Seems such a waste. Can anyone share their experience of this if you've had to do this before? I wonder if there's another option?

Since we'll be driving, is it possible to drive up to 1600 from Samoens?

Cheers

Al
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It’s probably worth asking the ski school - I imagine other parents will face the same dilemma.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@The_Mac_Daddy, I can answer some of your questions. Yes, if you are staying in Samoens town, then you go up a gondola to get to ski school. The alternative is to drive up to 1600, but there isn't a great deal of parking, which may be an issue if you are going during a peak period. Once you are in 1600, there is a free tapis plus some other beginner area lifts.

If you haven't yet booked, then I'd suggest you look at ZigZag as an alternative to ESF. At 5, your daughter will be into proper skiing with good tuition (rather than what often appears to be 'babysitting' at ESF - described to me this week by one former ESF customer as a mixture of screaming kids with bored teenagers looking after them!). ZigZag offer groups of no more than 6, versus up to 12 once they start skiing with ESF. Plus ZigZag are pretty focused on tuition in English.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@sj1608 that's a shame, my son did the piou piou at Alpe d'heuz and it was really good. They had an enclosed snow garden with a little magic carpet and cartoon character to ski around and underneath etc and a warm hut where they could play / shelter if the weather was naff.

I had looked at zigzag for my 9 year old as I think that might be good for him but from their website they don't seem to cater for the complete beginner (under 6) and instead offer 30 minute private lessons, maybe I got it wrong - I might take mikes advice and give them a call and have a chat.

Really I was after feedback from someone who's done this before to steer me in the right direction. I've used ESF before and they're a bit hit and miss, some really good teachers (who also speak English) and then some not so good.

Many thanks

Al
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
This is ZigZag's offering for 'little beginners':
http://www.zigzagski.com/ski-lessons-for-children-in-samoens/mini-mouse-club/
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Another vote for ZigZag here. We've used them for the past 4 years for our kids (now aged 12 and 9) and will be for our 5 year old this time too.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks guys I'll give them a shout see if they have any spaces left - I totally missed the mini mouse club thing, sounds good - Thanks sj1608 .
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ah pants, I tried Zigzag and sadly they're fully booked Sad shame as they sounded good.

Can anyone recommend any other ski schools in Samoens that are worth a try?

Cheers Al
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We used ESI when we were in Samoens and were pleased with our kids progress with them
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks annaa, I pinged them an email to see if they can help me out. Got my fingers crossed.

Al
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy