Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

stop over

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
does anyone know a decent place to stop near probably somewhere around Troyes where its a decent hotel and a decent restaurant in it, am happy to drive 20 mins from autoroute and ideally somewhere e with family facilities i.e. not standard twins.....

cheers
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Stopped here once, very nice. Had a big room with a mezzanine that held 2 adults and 2 kids perfectly.

http://best-western-de-la-foret-d-orient-hotel-rouilly-sacey.hotelmix.co.uk/
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Lots of us have used Le Val Moret (https://www.le-val-moret.com/en/). Just off the motorway, large rooms and an excellent restaurant. About 30 minutes south of Troyes.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
+1 for Le val Moret, which also has an indoor swimming pool and sauna. In the southern Champagne area so plenty of fizzy to try out as well.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We are currently in the Val Moret again, third visit in three weeks. Suits us as we can give the dog a bit of a run and we have always found the restaurant good. Just off to use the pool
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Pamski, have they updated the dog-friendly rooms? The last time we stayed ours was freezing cold and very run down. It put me off a bit, especially as the restaurant wasn't up to its usual standard either. Have to sort out our journey back at the end of the month.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
This is starting to sound like the Val Moret fan club but we’ve also stayed there on the way to Chamonix. My family and my sister’s family stayed there and would definitely recommend it. Nice room and good food in the restaurant. My sister also had a dog which was no problem. We got there too late to use the pool which was a shame.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Hells Bells, I dint think so! We are in a dog room this time and it is quite small but adequate for us. Big rugs straight out of the car and onto the bed. Coco is only a small dog but it might be a squash with larger ones. Last time here when we went back to UK on 23/12there hadn’t appeared to be an option of booking a dog room, so we didn’t.....
Both meals in December were good, we stick to the Etape menu, something like 19euros for three courses and a deni pitcher of wine. Tonight we know that it is a cold meal as the restaurant-proper is closed, but we did it on 1 Jan last year and it was fine.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The best rooms are the ones with a balcony which we always try and book if we can. They've been refurbished and the balcony allows you to leave the French window open slightly if you like sleeping with a bit of fresh air, but still be secure. Not all the cheapest rooms have been refurbished and I'd admit some of these still retain their 'formica' décor and are pretty small but they're reasonable value for any late arrival/early departure stopover.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
cheers guys will check them out
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Another fan of Val Moret

If you can manage it, lovely to swim in pool and take in the views
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Yet another Val Moret regular.

However there are a few Logis de France either side of Troyes that we've stayed in too - Have a look on their website / app: This one https://www.logishotels.com/en/hotel/l-auberge-de-la-fontaine-3519?no_dates=1 is about 90km past Troyes and one we have particularly fond memories of, but it is a bit off the motorway (a possible reason why so nice)
We were not staying in the main hotel, but in rooms across the road, above the 'corner shop' - which meant we shared the breakfast table, in the shop, with the local farmers who had popped in for their cafe and croissant. It was a little bit idyllic...
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
We have always stayed in b and b with evening meals; the quality is always higher than a chain hotel, and we have never paid more than 100 for a family room with breakfast. Currently about to stay near Dosches, 50€ for 2 b and b , 3 course meal with wine20€
Look at gites de France or booking.com.
Plus you get a taste of real France
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy