Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

travelling home... on a budget

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Happy new year snowheads! I'm kicking lff the year with a trip to Morzine (recommended by some other snowheads - big up you guys). I am looking to head back to Amsterdam on January 7th, but completely forgot to book any flights and now they're in the €200+ category from Geneva. Does anyone have any hitchhiking hotspots I should know about, or is anyone driving north from the Morzine area with room for one? Even part of the way is fine, as it's easy to get to the Netherlands from Belgium/Paris way/Germany. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I can provide petrol money, chit chat, map reading, and haribo.

Cheers! Celeste x
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Try blablacar ride sharing?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There is a Morzine facebook group you could ask for advice

https://m.facebook.com/groups/133652130008056
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Easyjet Geneva to Luton, then Luton to Amsterdam. Haven't checked prices, mind wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Train?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Skyscanner are showing a flight for £95 through Expedia on BA including 23 kilo baggage. snowHead
Geneva/Heathrow/Amsterdam.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
flixbus?
or fly from another airport? Chambrey, Lyon, etc.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
TBH -- If 200 euros breaks your bank you probably shouldn't be skiing... Very Happy

But you go right ahead and hitchhike from Morzine to Amsterdam. I'm possibly missing something here, but wouldn't an hour flight at 200 euros beat 10-12 hours with a possibly homicidal stranger?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
More asking for pointers in the right direction than sarcastic judgement... just looking for alternative/cheap/environmentally friendly ways to get home as I don't have much in my bank account.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
OK: BlaBla Car is my suggestion. https://www.blablacar.fr/trajets/morzine/geneve/

At least to GVA. Then, I htink you can find a train to Amsterdam for 150 or less.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Try long distance bus / coach companies. For example, Ouibus from Geneva to Paris is currently 37 euros for the 7th Jan (and 19 euros for the day after). Then a similar price for the Paris to Amsterdam leg. Of course that's quite a long way round, but for 40-70 euros it might be worth it compared to 200 euros.

Or as others have suggested, look at non-direct flights, or flights to other airports which are a train / bus journey from Amsterdam.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy