Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Wobble boards...

Poster: A snowHead
...or balance discs, whatever they're called. Look quite fun, but what do they actually do other than train your sense of balance?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
eng_ch, core strength. Key for balance management while skiing.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
As in strength around stomach and back, between the bottom of the rib cage and the hips? Interestingly I just started Pilates and, granted it's just basic level, but I'm finding it a piece of cake because I play the saxophone.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
eng_ch, yes, and I'm sure you do! Wink
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The inflatable ones seem to work best for me. Hits core strength as in swiss ball exercises but also good for building ankle and knee stability. Do squats on htem, throw in turning motions, and watch the downhill skiing in front of the tv in a racing crouch and bounce gently - see how long you can keep the position.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I do squats with weights on a pair of inflatable wobble discs, and use a balance board as well.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Scarpa, Great fun with some friends after a few drinks,had us all in stitches! Toofy Grin
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've always hankered after one of these, but found them over priced for a bit of wood, anyone found any at reasonable prices?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
£11 is that reasonable ?

http://www.sport-tiedje.co.uk/kleingeraete.htm#gymnastikbaelle
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I was actually thinking more of these but couldn't remember the name:

http://www.sport-tiedje.co.uk/schmidt/mft_mentaltrimdisc.htm
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I got a cushion, with pump and p&p for £16
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
eng_ch, sale on in Athleticum and they have them - dont know what price but there is up to 70% off some things.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
obelix67, thanks, we have an Athleticum just down the road, might try and get myself in there at some point.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
no worries, hope you try it out and then let us know if it is any good - the kids want one ...................
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
eng_ch, to be fair, they don't do anything more than train your sence of balance.

But that in itself requires a bit of defining:

Working on a wobble board means that your core muscles (abs, back, hips) are constantly "over working" in order to maintain balance and hence good form. Possibly other muscles radiating from the core muscles will end up working either because a) you've deliberately intended it, or b) because you're not using good form/are working outside your limits.

When you overtax a muscle and then let it rest, it will rebuild itself and cause an adaptation in the muscles to occur to cope with the increase in work. It's the adaptation that is the end result you're looking for i.e. the improvement in strength and endurance. Just don't forget to stretch out the muscle so that you retain flexiblity.

To this extent, a wobble board doesn't "do anything more" than it already heroically does.

Does that make sence?
snow report
Are you saying go for the 11 quid one
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy