Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sking Alps 7-14th April

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

Just booked flights to geneva for the 7-14th April, just wondering if anyone has recommendations for where is good at this time of year as i never usually go so late in the season
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@jason.peter1986, impossible question to answer without a crystal ball!

I've been many times at that time of year and have had some epic conditions, but also had some nice walks in shorts! If you don't have anything else booked, personally I'd leave it until closer to the time and see what looks the best. Is late season so availability likely to be good.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
From Geneva look at Tignes, Val Thorens, Verbier and Zermatt. All have enough skiing at altitude to cover you in case there’s been a prolonged dry spell before your trip. Shouldn’t be busy that week despite Easter holidays so you could also book last minute and widen your search if conditions are good at lower altitudes
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@jason.peter1986, take a look at SFaB 2018 in snow events.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I’d add Les Deux alpes and cervinia to that list.

Even if conditions are good I’d go as high as possible (and definitely to a glacier) because the snow quality can be unpleasant enough to make it not enjoyable at all. I’ve had some last days that weren't worth skiing.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@jason.peter1986, you can get powder, you can get slush but the balance of probability shifts toward the latter as you progress through April and shifts the other way, the higher you get. Hence why Val Thorens is, IMO the best spot at that time of year. I've skied there every year for the last 15, in the 2nd half of April or first week of May and never been short of skiing. The absolute very worst year, we saw less than 10% of its 150km of piste closed.
They don't even consider your week to be 'end of season'.
The whole domain is above 2100m, 95% of it above 2300m.
As you drive up the Vallée Belleville, the difference between Le Menuires (1850m) and Val Tho is like a change of seasons.

Because it's connected to the 3V system, if the weather is good, ie. temps are low, you can go roaming to Merihell and Courchevelski while, if temps are more Spring-like you can stick with VT where slushiness will always be a few degrees less bad.

As @NickyJ says, have a look at the SFaB2018 as there will be, who knows, 40/50/60 snowHeads there that week.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy