Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Nax in Switzerland

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
In Switzerland apparently, near Sion. Anybody been? Snow reliable? Worth a visit? Tell me EVERYTHING you know........ Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Never heard of it and I live in Switz. I assume you don't mean Laax?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
No, it's near Sion as he said. One of our local stations has a tie in deal for discounts but I don't know Nax personally, a couple of lifts, half a dozen runs, around 20km of slopes I'd guess but there's any number of stations like that in Switzerland.

Sansman, where in Switzerland?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
zurich
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I don't know why I didn't just PM ise.....!

Found some info on myswitzerland.com: 35km of piste apparently, half-a-dozen lifts, tops out at 2640m. Could be worth a day trip...?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
the ice perv, maybe, a day trip from where though? I may know somewhere closer Very Happy

These small stations can be totally fantastic, a completely different way of skiing. I even found a new one near home the other day, I'd not twigged Jaun and Jaunpass were two different stations, since the village of Jaun is on the Jaunpass and the ski station of Jaunpass is also on the Jaunpass it's just not obvious. I don't drive over the Jaunpass much Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ise, I'm researching options for my much anticipated easter ski w/end. Will be staying somewhere due south of Montreux: portes du soleil and verbier both within driving distance, but would rather avoid the hordes if poss. Obviously where we go will depend on the snow conditions at the time, which resort has got what open etc.

Do you know of any websites that give a one-stop rundown of conditions across the region? So far I have found myswitzerland.com and bestofsnow.ch to be fairly useful. The idea is to log on and decide where we go on the day.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
myswitzerland.com is about the best around really, or the best I've come across.

In that area I'd recommend Leysin or Ovronnaz, both are pretty close. Also Anzere near Sion, anything in Val d'Annivers or Super St. Bernard.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I actually learnt to ski in Anzere. Mid-March it was, very sunny, skiing in a T-shirt, jumpers for goalposts.... Very Happy decent view from the top as I recall. Might be fun to go back and see what's changed. From memory it was all reds and one black, which made progressing off the nursery slope a bit of an adventure!

I think Leysin, Ovronnaz & Anzere are all south-facing, so they may be struggling for snow come easter. We shall see.....

Val d'Annivers - is that St Luc, Grimentz etc?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
the ice perv wrote:

Val d'Annivers - is that St Luc, Grimentz etc?

Yes, and Zinal of course.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Cheers for the recommendation ise, we spent a day in Ovronnaz. A nice little area, with some good and varied terrain. As it was Good Friday it was fairly busy, but could've been worse - I suppose the long twisty drive up from the valley puts a lot of punters off. Having said that there was only one lift bottleneck, and that was for the long drag up to Tsantonnaire at the very top. I imagine the place is very quiet most of the time.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy