Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Family Annual Multi-trip Travel Insurance

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This is the first year that Robboj jnr major is skiing with his buddies as opposed to with us.

Just checked and found that he is only covered with our normal insurer (SCGB) if he is actually with us.

Has anyone come across a family annual multi trip policy that covers us when travelling as a family of five and also individually such as when an urchin is away on their own? This is going to become an increasing demand as we have majors imminent ski trip then his summer inter-railing and then middle turns 18 next summer and is away on his first boys' adventure.

Any advice?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Our insurance does cover them individually but the policy is done through work via salary sacrifice. I know it isn’t too much help but does confirm that some do.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@robboj, I don’t know of exactly what you are looking for ie family cover and also individual, but have a chat with MPI who do excellent policies for gap year type bods.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks folks. Just bought a single trip policy from SCGB for his imminent trip which notably was less than have the price of the post office etc.

There seems to be a mixture of clauses. Some cover up to age 24 or still in full time education but only if we all travel together. Others cover us separately but only cover children up to age 18.

Cant help but think that some insurers must have seen the market for a family policy that covers all or any of us, particularly the urchins when they are away separately as long as the family home is still their home address?

@Pamski, many thanks, will call MPI in advance of the main ski holiday
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@robboj, check out what cover would be available with a packaged bank account. I got family holiday insurance incl limited winter sports for less than a single trip I made to Canada would have cost me plus lots of extras like breakdown and phone insurance. You would need to carefully check the details for your specific needs plus all are a bit different.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
robboj We took out the one offered by our property owners association in La Plagne via Diot Montagne and it covers Worldwide mountain rescue and repatriation for up to 5 members of your family and costs 112 euros.

Details can be found here - http://www.assurance-multi-sports.com/AssuranceSportDetail_en?ID=76fe1788-43cf-4ea5-99e1-085f20b7351f
Small print here - http://assurance-multi-sports.com/docs/notice_en.pdf
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@robboj, our Direct Travel policy did cover children travelling without us, but it is a while since we were insured with them. They were covered on our joint policy up to age 21 if they were students.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy