Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Learning to maintain my skis

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Currently working as a chalet host and so have a pair of free hire skis for the season (180cm Atomic 9:22) I am sure the edges are getting a bit soft, and they have not seen wax this season!

I could just take them back to the shop for a tune up, but thought it would be a great opportunity to learn a bit about maintaining my own skis for if/when I buy a pair.

so... What is it sensible for me to do myself, and what do I need to do it?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
have a look at

http://www.fktools-us.com/ToolTips.asp
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It's all pretty straightforward to learn and you can do most of the maintenance yourself. It is worth getting the base reground a couple of times a season to keep it flat and give a reference for edge filing.

You do need a feww bits of kit (files, file guide(s) scrapers, wax remover, wax and an iron) which add up in cost. Probably the best bet is to talk to the ski techs and get thm to teach you, it doesn't take long to become fairly profficient. they might even lend you the use of their kit.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Another good guide to tuning. People apparently have different methods and techniques so it could vary to obelix67's link.

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5528

I think I've asked this before but is there a good place to source a complete tuning and waxing setup from in the UK?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
justapurrin, Anything Technical have a good range of kit.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy