Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best Mountain Lunch Awards 2018

Poster: A snowHead
We've had a lot of disagreement about mountain lunches recently, so here's a chance to even it up. Here's a space to post your favourites during the season !!
Please post
1 Name of restaurant, resort and location (piste, nearest lift, in village etc etc).
2 Cost per head excluding drinks. Some of us may drink water, others Bollinger.
3. Photo of meal and/or restaurant.
4. Why it was the best meal? (You can post more than once, after all what was good in January may be surpassed by that lunch in the sun in April).

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 27-12-17 17:11; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Coruna Hutte, Seceda, Val Gardena Valley.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Mollerski, what did you have? Why was it so good? etc etc.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
1 - Albonabahn II Gondola - Stuben (mid Dec 2017)
2 - Not sure, probably about €2.50
3 - Squashed Ham and cheese sandwich and energy bar (no pic sorry)
4 - Lapping powder all day on Stuben North Face, so no time for a fancy lunch. Was an awesome day and lunch tasted so good among the smiles Happy
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Chez Nannon, Nyon, France (PdS)
Variable accordingly - €23 for the PaR(aC)
Patates aux Reblochon (avec Charcuterie)
Had this too many times to relate or remember..., always excellent
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
1 - Union - Montalbert Vieux Village
2 - Cph from Lunch €20 Sunday Lunch €35.00 Dinner from €45.00
3 - www.unionmontalbert.com
4 - Such a difference from the normal cheesy restaurant fayre in the Alps.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
So far for this season (only done 1 trip)

1 - L'Alpage (self service) - Tignes (Le Lac) top of the Chaudannes lift
2 - Average cost 15 eu
3 - Omelette and or Spag Bol
4 - Enormous portions ( an Omelette I almost couldn't finish ( prolly cos' of the side salad ) and a Spag Bol I needed a spoon to finish off the remaining sauce). Very happy and accommodating staff. Incredible views underneath the the Aiguille Percee.

Additional - Prior to discovering this cafe, my preferred venue in Tignes has always been Aspen burger in Val Claret. However, even I can't eat a burger every day for lunch and L'Alpage with it's large menu and portions ticked every box for me during the PSB

edit - it also tasted bloody good !
2nd edit - a distinct charm, and a great atmosphere.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Thu 28-12-17 0:11; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Can’t remember any names, but... at the top of the gondola in Soldeu: 3x cold chips, 1x beer, 1x coke, 1x mulled wine, 1x hotdog = €30.50. Gulp.
In town today, again can’t remember the name (I know, I’m crap) 1x snails, 1x soup, 1x chicken, 1x rabbit stew, 2x tiramisu, 2x lemoncello, 1x bottle red wine (turned down 2x coffee) = €35
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
And here was me thinking the cuisine was the important thing Puzzled
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@under a new name, isn't it all about the experience ? Cuisine alone does achieve a michelin star.

That said, I'm hoping to visit Courmayeur again this season and I already know where my 1 st port of call is for lunch - looking forward to adding that to this thread
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hells Bells wrote:
@Mollerski, what did you have? Why was it so good? etc etc.

Food, views, location. A friend new to the area said to me last year when eating lunch outside 'this is actually paradise'. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Chez Dany, Verbier. For answers to q’s 2, 3 and 4 you’ll have to come an try it 😉
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Chiecco, Courmayeur. Haven’t been this season but last time I went it worked out about €50 euros a head excluding drinks (from memory). Simply the best on mountain food I’ve ever had.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Not much this season,
But lets put down:
Berggasthaus Mostelberg in Sattel
Really Good Rosti with Raclette cheese
washed down with local beer.
followed by Coffee and stracciatella Ice Cream
There was about 4 of us had this + Chips Und Ketchup + Sausage with onion gravy.
the bill was only 175Chf and as there are about 3.4 Swiss Francs to the pound I thought it was also very reasonable.
They also take credit cards.
The sun was shining and it was warm out side which made it all worth while.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@bigtuboflard, +1
snow conditions
While indeed, the whole experience is the thing, I would not be taken with a recommendation of,

“go to “X”, they do great omelettes after a powder day when I was too hungover for breakfast”,

when looking for fine alpine dining...
snow report
under a new name wrote:
While indeed, the whole experience is the thing, I would not be taken with a recommendation of,

“go to “X”, they do great omelettes after a powder day when I was too hungover for breakfast”,

when looking for fine alpine dining...

Well the OP has no mention of "fine dining" so I guess everything's in play - from Michelin stars to a bowl of gulaschsuppe in a mountain hut.
latest report
bigtuboflard wrote:
Chiecco, Courmayeur. Haven’t been this season but last time I went it worked out about €50 euros a head excluding drinks (from memory). Simply the best on mountain food I’ve ever had.

You must have had two courses!! Plus 1 for Chiecco, however............

My vote goes to La Grolla half way down the piste from Pre de Pascal to Zerrotta. I ate there twice this week with Mrs Skimastaaah, Christmas day in glorious sunshine outside with Monte Bianco as the back drop. Varied menu with starters up to 15 Euros, and mains up to around 30 Euros. Good wine list with prices from mid 20's to expensive champagnes, local 50 cl pichers from 8 Euros.
Pleasant staff, lovely panoramic terrace upstairs, leather loungers in the downstairs restaurant.
snow conditions
@agw, it is indeed. I may be posting my rustic 'plat du jour' from a hut in Serre Che next week sometime, but it couldn't be classed as fine dining.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy