Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Any bad experiences here?

Poster: A snowHead
@ElizabethLizzyLiz, Strumpette? Blush I can't use 'hariden' as Hurtle 'the plumb stabber' has that honorific Toofy Grin Actually you're in good company, a lot of snowHeads are veggie and to be honest, though not consciously I've pretty much moved to a non-meat diet, more for personal health than planet saving and animal welfare reasons though those have always played a role in my eating habits. Spent a lot of time falling off motorcycles so leather has always been part of my wardrobe (well scuffed).
AND anything BUT 'Rock n Roll' from Elvis(Ugh) right through to Cobain(sad) was crappy noise, not bad enough to be punk and not good enough (fer much) to listen to . . .

You'll've realised by now that I'm an misanthropic old fart with an innate ability to insert both feet and chew vigorously . . . I shall look forward to apologising in person Embarassed I'll bake ya a pudding in contrition
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Masque,
Quote:

I can't use 'hariden' as Hurtle 'the plumb stabber' has that honorific
Thanks for that. And your spelling is terrible. (No smileys available to me at the moment, which is probably as well.)
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Masque wrote:
@ElizabethLizzyLiz, . . . I shall look forward to apologising in person Embarassed I'll bake ya a pudding in contrition

Now there's a good reason to go on a bash.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Masque, whatever you do, just don't apologise again or you'll end up so deep you'll never dig your way out rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Hurtle, tired, had the flu and not much sleep
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
How much skiing actually gets done on the E0SB? The more I read about lunches dinners and hangovers as well as the recreational
cooking there can't be much time on the white stuff snowHead
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Sourgraping, There's a lot of skiing goes on, especially given the time of the season.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@adithorp, +1 I deffo saw someone ski once

@Sourgraping, you left out coveting skis at the ski tests
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@ZombieSi, was it just before lunch? Coulda been Whitenoise?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@admin, don't forget, some of us only manage one day in 6 Embarassed
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Some of us @Masque, don't invent our own ski contraptions and stick to 'established technology' that we know how to ride Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
admin wrote:
@ZombieSi, was it just before lunch? Coulda been Whitenoise?

possibly, but if it was then it would definitely have been my early start day wink
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Sourgraping wrote:
How much skiing actually gets done on the E0SB? The more I read about lunches dinners and hangovers as well as the recreational

There's something for everyone tbh, you'll get the ladies (and gents) who coffee stop twice a piste, have long lunch and retire to the sauna in the early afternoon. Then at the other end of the spectrum, the ones that are out for first lift(ish), eat a packed lunch on a chairlift and time their runs to catch the last lifts back to the top. I fall into the latter personally as I'm Northern and therefore a tight ar$e, so want to get my monies worth Razz snowHead
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Sourgraping wrote:

Probably more than at Chateau Montybert wink
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
N0rthernMonkey wrote:
Sourgraping wrote:

There's something for everyone tbh, you'll get the ladies (and gents) who coffee stop twice a piste, have long lunch and retire to the sauna in the early afternoon. Then at the other end of the spectrum, the ones that are out for first lift(ish), eat a packed lunch on a chairlift and time their runs to catch the last lifts back to the top. I fall into the latter personally as I'm Northern and therefore a tight ar$e, so want to get my monies worth Razz snowHead

and therein lies the beauty of a bash........ both ends of the spectrum and everything in between. Facilitating every basher / bashee / snowhead (?) with the option to select the most appropriate group at pretty much any time of day eg. start off gnarly finish off tame or any combination thereof throughout the day. LOVE IT !
latest report
@admin, to clarify my point about intuition... I was including doing a bit of sH detective work within that intuition Very Happy Post count, but also super/mega status (I find that most people with super/mega status tend to be 'real life' snowheads who exist in the real world as well as the internet), also you can look at peoples' prior posts and gauge what they're all about, a little bit. There is plenty you can gauge and as you say if none of these things apply then all you can do is send them a message and see how you get on.
snow conditions
@Masque, I like cherry bakewell pudding...
I've been on much ruder forums than here, The Libertines forum for example many moons ago in my youth, that place was crazy.

When I used to go skiing in a group with an instructor, we had to get up so early & ski for the whole day taking a packed lunch. It was exhausting but great. Doubt I could do that now, maybe half a day.
snow report
holidayloverxx wrote:
@admin, so far i have resisted on commenting on the comedy room allocations IME.. but i ended up with one of my now bestest friends.
the but the others in the flat were proper weirdos.
Not many as hardy as you 2. Who else could.have coped with Whitenoise and his wanderings in his lovely underpants.
It was like you 2 had mistakenly been placed in the special needs wing.
snow conditions
Hmmmm. . . there's a challenge at altitude, stopping the frangipani from sinking into a rock hard almond flapjack . . . though I could make the jam with Kirsch or cherry brandy and serve it with a Disaronno cream . . .

Then there's the chance to break away from the chocolate orange burbon bread and butter pudding to go this time with almonds and cherries . . .

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Fri 29-12-17 2:58; edited 1 time in total
snow report
@Frosty the Snowman, If they're the 4 sizes too big, ragged 'Y'fronts that are the colour of ancient denim . . . he's still wearing them Skullie . . . Unlike Mr Bodangles Toofy Grin . . . You missed an EPIC night . . . and we all miss you Sad
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy