Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Montgenèvre trip.

Poster: A snowHead
Hi

Finally settled on a trip to Montgenèvre in Jan for a week

Can I ask for recommendations on transfers(Go Montgenèvre quoting £348 private return)

The best ski school(if there are multiples) and equipment hire shops

And finally as it’s SC the best places to stock up and eat out.

Thank you.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
From Turin?

https://www.linkbus-alps.com/en/
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sorry is that a private transfer?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
It's a bus service, loads of folk use it to get from Turin to Serre Che and Montgenevre Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The small pizza and steak restaurant at the far French end of the main drag was always excellent on previous visits; sorry but I can't remember its name
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Montgenevre is a lovely resort
For ski school get in touch with A-peak. We've used them several times both for groups and private lessons and they have always been excellent. Drop them an email before you go.
Restaurants: le capitane towards the Italian end of town. We've had great food there but it gets busy (though we usually go Xmas week) and I would book. Excellent pizza and very warm welcome at Kilt in Claviere.
The best mountain restaurants are in the Claviere side so head towards Italy for lunch.
There are a couple of smallish supermarkets one towards the Italian end of town near the tourist office and another small one a street back from the front de neige behind the rois mages.
Sorry haven't done independent transfers
Have a great time. I'm very jealous.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
KenX wrote:
It's a bus service, loads of folk use it to get from Turin to Serre Che and Montgenevre Very Happy

Spoilt my other half and kids too much. They would scream if I asked them to get a bus. 😔
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Dr George wrote:
Montgenevre is a lovely resort
For ski school get in touch with A-peak. We've used them several times both for groups and private lessons and they have always been excellent. Drop them an email before you go.
Restaurants: le capitane towards the Italian end of town. We've had great food there but it gets busy (though we usually go Xmas week) and I would book. Excellent pizza and very warm welcome at Kilt in Claviere.
The best mountain restaurants are in the Claviere side so head towards Italy for lunch.
There are a couple of smallish supermarkets one towards the Italian end of town near the tourist office and another small one a street back from the front de neige behind the rois mages.
Sorry haven't done independent transfers
Have a great time. I'm very jealous.

Thank you. Going on the 13/1 and the weather looks good.

Meant to be a quiet week so may go into group lessons myself if not a few private.

My other half and boy will be going for the first time so reliant on a good ski school experience.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Have been 3 times and going back at Easter. Highly recommend A-Peak ski school - both children have learned with them - small groups and good instructors. Caesars is great for lunch and dinner. Le Graal bar is our favourite lunch place, and also good for evening drinks - they have live music twice a week (think it's Weds and Fri/Sat). Enjoy.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
The quote from Go-M / SnowCab is the going rate from Turin.
You could go shared coach transfer with them for about £240 return for 4.
Take the Linkbus as recommended above (€200 return for 4).
or Airport bus to Turin, train to Oulx and then bus or Taxi up the mountain (€160 return for 4).
If you're coming in January you could hire a car, but remember to get snow-tyres or chains (Avis from €153).

All the ski hire shops are decent. Pick one close to your accommodation (where are you staying?). Don't go for the cheapest pack deal, go for Red or Black. Check if your accommodation has a ski locker, or if a way form the slopes pick a ski shop with lockers.

Check if your accommodation provides sheets and towels as many French Self catering providers don't.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
volfy wrote:
The quote from Go-M / SnowCab is the going rate from Turin.
You could go shared coach transfer with them for about £240 return for 4.
Take the Linkbus as recommended above (€200 return for 4).
or Airport bus to Turin, train to Oulx and then bus or Taxi up the mountain (€160 return for 4).
If you're coming in January you could hire a car, but remember to get snow-tyres or chains (Avis from €153).

All the ski hire shops are decent. Pick one close to your accommodation (where are you staying?). Don't go for the cheapest pack deal, go for Red or Black. Check if your accommodation has a ski locker, or if a way form the slopes pick a ski shop with lockers.

Check if your accommodation provides sheets and towels as many French Self catering providers don't.

We are staying at the Le Napoleon which is close to the lifts I believe.

I believe an Intersport is on the next road and we have ski lockers and after my other half checking we have sheets and towels Shocked
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The ski lockers at the Napoleon have heated boot warmers .... luxury. It's on the snow front so a perfect location.
And yes, as its the Napoleon they throw in sheets and towels. Don't forget your swimming trunks for the indoor pool.

Have a great holiday
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thank you. Appreciate the pointers
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Give Emma a call here:

http://www.alpine-transfer-company.com

They're based in Briancon and good friends of ours, they have reduced their private transfer rates due to the much cheaper Linkbus network coming on line, say Ken & Lynn gave the contact!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
DanFuller wrote:
KenX wrote:

Spoilt my other half and kids too much. They would scream if I asked them to get a bus. 😔

Maybe you need to shell out on one of these then:

images-3
ski holidays
KenX wrote:
DanFuller wrote:
KenX wrote:

Maybe you need to shell out on one of these then:

images-3
Sad probably. Love your blog by the way.
snow report
@DanFuller, How was your trip? We're off to Montgenevre in a few weeks, SC at Residence MMV Hameau Des Airelles. A little bit out from the centre but apparently ski in/out.
snow conditions
Lovely place and great to learn for the rest of my family. If you are advanced you will get a little bored maybe after day 3 with the runs.

We found the best runs were up the main lift and then down the green to the next lifts. Nice wide reds and blues.

Your apartment is SKI in from the mountain across the road from the main lifts but I didn’t see any lifts up from there.

The main restaurants are about a 20min walk or 5 min shuttle. All based near the ski schools. The Petit Cruex opposite does a new crepe or light lunch if your in a rush otherwise the restaurants leading back to your apartment are all ok. We also ate in La Graal a few times and it was nice.

Trans alpin was the best restaurant we found which is just up from the Spar on the main road.
latest report
Back last night from 4 days staying in the Anova which I think is almost next door to the MMV. If it is then you can ski back to the hotel easily enough and in the mornings you can access everywhere either with a short downhill walk or via a short drag, then red gondola lift up. Not far to walk into town in the evening for food or drinks. Hardly any on-piste restaurants at all, though there is one on your side of the mountain at the top of the red gondola (Terasses I think) where we had a decent lunch and few beers before finishing up and skiing down to the hotel. Ate in Graal which was good for a burger, Le Trio (everyone raves about on TA) which was nice but a little overpriced and a couple of pizza places which were fine. For lunch you are better off getting over to Claviere if you can, though one link has been closed for avi risk so you can only get there on ski using the green path (which we did not try). Did cab it to Sauze Sunday morning but it was packed so skied back through Sansicario and Claviere which was good fun. If so inclined I'd suggest an away day to Serre Chevalier which is less than 30mins in a taxi and has a really extensive area with mainly fast lifts, along with lots of accessible OP. Much the different prospect to Monti but we really enjoyed it there. Yesterday we skied from 9-5 in Monti with hardly anyone on the pistes, and in bright sun. Can't get much better than that.
latest report
Thanks both. The online map seems to show lifts/pistes behind the town, the Secteur Du Chalvet. That's the part I assumed was ski in/out from MMV. Does that sound right?
snow conditions
To ski out from Hameau des Airelles - cross the road and ski down the pharo to the Tremplin or Serre Thibaud lifts. At the end of the day take Serre thibaud up to the top and ski back down the Pharo or Pharo/Suffin. Alternatively you can take the skibus back from the main front de neige.

DanFuller - If you didn't take the Serre Thibaud lift you would have missed 1/3 of the ski area. Claviere is also included on the lift pass. There is enough in Monty/Claviere to keep most skiers happy for a week in my opinion. Then you can always ski off to the rest of the milky way for a day on the standard pass or have unlimited skiing in the milky way with the galaxie pass.
latest report
snowymum wrote:
To ski out from Hameau des Airelles - cross the road and ski down the pharo to the Tremplin or Serre Thibaud lifts. At the end of the day take Serre thibaud up to the top and ski back down the Pharo or Pharo/Suffin. Alternatively you can take the skibus back from the main front de neige.

DanFuller - If you didn't take the Serre Thibaud lift you would have missed 1/3 of the ski area. Claviere is also included on the lift pass. There is enough in Monty/Claviere to keep most skiers happy for a week in my opinion. Then you can always ski off to the rest of the milky way for a day on the standard pass or have unlimited skiing in the milky way with the galaxie pass.

I skied both sides. When we were at the Thibaud lift it was mega cold and windy so I avoided that and spent time in Clavière and up that 13min chair lift. Though that Green to Clavière was annoying.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy