Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Yoga and Ski Holiday

Is a Yoga + Skiing holiday of interest to any Snowheads?
Yes
38%
 38%  [ 8 ]
No
61%
 61%  [ 13 ]
Voted : 20
Total Votes : 21

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I went to the Yoga Show in October at Ally Pally and was given a flyer for a Yoga and Ski Holiday organised by a company called Bodhi Adventure www.bodhi-adventure.co.uk It's a ski holiday in Meribel which features yoga every morning to get you stretched out before breakfast. Then you ski your legs off and return for afternoon tea. Then there's more yoga to ease out any tight bits, followed by dinner of really healthy vegan food (not sure if alcohol is involved which may leave my niece and me ODing before afternoon tea) but we're taking a flyer on this, leaving January 6th and will report back on the week. They have another one in March so if any Snowheads fancy it take a look at their website. Laughing
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'd be all for this until you got to the bit about vegan food. Shocked
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hurtle, well it at least sounded interesting up to that bit Smile
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hurtle wrote:

The word healthy is before Vegan. That really confused me. Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
On a week's ski holiday I find a spot of evening yoga does help to ease tight muscles, especially on day 3 (I don't seem to suffer as badly on day 4 as family members who do the same mileage without the yoga).

However, don't assume all yoga fans are Vegans! Surely all dietary preferences can easily be catered for in this day and age - why exclude us poor old omnivores? NehNeh
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Bones wrote:
Hurtle, well it at least sounded interesting up to that bit Smile

Snowga

looks cold.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'd be moderately interested in some stretching exercises before and after skiing, but was definitely turned off by the vegan food bit.

It isn't the food per se, even though I look forward to tartiflette and fondue I could probably enjoy a week of healthy food. It is just the implied atmosphere; probably all in my mind, but I see Veganism as an active choice that is wider than food, and it isn't the lifestyle that I've chosen.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The idea of doing Yoga on snow is ludicrous. Muscles need to be warm to be flexible, and standing on snow in your bare feet is just lunacy. I am all for stretching prior to exercise, and post exercise, but why do I need it to be part of the accomodation and food I eat? Surely If I was a vegan who did Yoga, I would eat vegan food and do yoga. I do not understand why I would need someone to cook me vegan food, and show me how to do Yoga?

It seems that it is a restrictive market, which is likely to exclude a lot of people who are not vegans and do not stretch or do yoga.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hurtle wrote:

Ha, same here. As someone else posted, it's not just the vegan bit, once you get vegan, yogi and Bohdi all in one place the implied "vibe" puts me right off.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I was more intrigued by the poll that lets you choose both yes and no.
Curious to know what the punishment would be for selecting more answers than are in the poll? Bending in to a yoga position that you can't extract yourself from?
Interesting mix, but not for me.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Amunah wrote:
On a week's ski holiday I find a spot of evening yoga does help to ease tight muscles, especially on day 3 (I don't seem to suffer as badly on day 4 as family members who do the same mileage without the yoga).

However, don't assume all yoga fans are Vegans! Surely all dietary preferences can easily be catered for in this day and age - why exclude us poor old omnivores? NehNeh

+1

I like the idea of a ski holiday, with yoga added to it. I'd be interested in that.

But I don't like having my dietary options limited - so I wouldn't go to this. Having a wide range of options, can certainly say 'healthy' food, with vegan options available for anyone who wants, would surely attract a much bigger audience.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Not even on my radar, vegan food threw it out the window for me . leaving the mountain for afternoon tea and vegan food,. Nope lifts closing is all that would take me from the mountain and then whatever snacks the bar serves is suitable until we go back to the apartment for dinner.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Amunah wrote:

or vice versa. I'm vegan but the thought of spending a week having to do yoga surrounded by other vegans getting in touch with there souls is frankly my worse nightmare.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I think some of you are looking at this the wrong way – narrowing the audience to vegan skiers who like yoga may appear to be restrictive but that is the point. It’s a niche, but one that will be filled by a small number of people who want exactly that and are willing to pay to get it. Marketing, innit.

Not for me either – the idea of contorting myself into anything that isn’t a ski boot first thing in the morning would be laughable to anyone who has seen me before I’ve had two brews and some breakfast (non-vegan).
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

the thought of spending a week having to do yoga surrounded by other vegans getting in touch with there souls is frankly my worse nightmare

Exactly. When I read the OP, I thought that it all sounded a bit 'Kate Aldridge'.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy