Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Drop everything and go skiing!

Poster: A snowHead
This week is making an early shot at being the best week of the season. Amazing base from last week, more snow and cold temps today, sunshine for the rest of the week. If you can go at short notice, this week is the week!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ditto from here in Les Arcs. Snowing hard now, with maybe 30cm forecast for today on top of decent snow depths already. Resort is quiet, fresh tracks available everywhere and pistes are perfect. Never had so many faceshots in December.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thirded for over this way too.

Anyone care to round it off with good news from Italy?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Heavy snow this morning here in Wengen. Best start to the season for many years. Forecast pretty good (sun) for the next few days, and very few tourists skiing.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks Guys. Not.

We shall be there when we get there (Saturday) - but t'aint nothing we can do to make it earlier. Webcams are already a major distraction, filling my head with ideas like this isn't making it any easier!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I've already been told that I'm not allowed Sad
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Arctic Roll, +1......its a nightmare eh?!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Save some till Saturday
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Heaving with tourists in Verbier...
http://www.verbier.ch/fr/webcams/webcam-medran/webcam-medran.htm
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
The snow is wonderfully light. Even chopped up snow is skiing like fresh powder. Next three days will be awesome...
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Sitting in the physio waiting room now... March can’t come soon enough!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I know I'm very fortunate to be able to ski pretty well every day etc etc

However just to say that sometimes a huge spanner can get thrown into the works, like feckin Xmas!

La Grave opening day this Saturday and it's going to be immense, only trouble I have to go to Turin and collect my daughters flying out for Xmas.

Then New Years Eve we're spending in LG and I've been invited by a mate to ski with him and a guide mate during the day, and guess when my daughters go back!!!

Now am I selfish ? rolling eyes
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Weathercam, Oi careful! I'm wearing a white shirt, and my bleeding heart is staining it.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Arctic Roll, Toofy Grin
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Weathercam, stick them on the Linkbus wink
latest report
@Hells Bells, I would like to but somehow I don't think that would go down too well with the OH wink

Was social skiing this morning and the pistes are deserted - don't think that I've ever seen them so empty. That said weather was a tad bizarre, one moment white out and heavy snow then five mins late glimpses of sun and blue sky.

Forecast from tomorrow is sun, sun and sun and warmer temps.
snow conditions
Last week was pretty awesome as well Happy !!
snow conditions
Anyone remember the threads this time last year along the lines of it will never snow again, who would ever go skiing in December, skiing in Europe is dead etc etc (Ok, exaggerate a little bit there Very Happy).
latest report
We bumped into a family in Les Carroz this morning who HAD dropped everything and come. The chalet they were staying in was empty except for them, so they'd generously re-roomed them so the kids had their own rooms.

We also bumped into a chalet owner that I am sure would be open to offers, he is not full over Christmas or New Year.

This is a golden opportunity, the best December we have experienced.......and pretty close to our best conditions ever (in our short 6 year skiing experience!).
ski holidays
Cannot wait! Getting the ferry Friday night from Hull-Zeebrugge and should arrive Saturday evening with a car load of furniture ready to move it in. Ski Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, spend all day Boxing Day waiting for Ikea delivery and the Orange engineer (that will no doubt either not turn up or turn up at 7pm) and then carry on skiing. Friends who have an apartment in the same resort have just returned last night after an impromptu 2 nighter and skiied at Bernex, conditions were amazing. We were there last Christmas and apart from a day in Chatel it was a hiking holiday Wink
snow conditions
Super powder day today in Les Arcs, deep light stuff everywhere, quiet. Just fabulous!!!!
snow report
It's all true I tell you, even at 800m it's true....
ski holidays
A mate has facebooked some video from St Foy. Looks absolutely superb. Unbashed pistes and no people. Toofy Grin
latest report
We are enjoying wonderful snow here in Les Gets. It makes me think back to our daughter in law arriving two or three years ago for Christmas and remarking that she had never realised that we have a garden here, well on a slope, but it was all too green for comfort. We get so bad as they had all come from the and the rest of the family from the U.K. I know we can’t guarantee weather but....

So no one is coming from the family this year! And we go back to the UK on Friday. Our Chalet is empty for the week but we don’t imagine getting a late booking at this stage, so at least we won’t have to faff about putting our stuff away. Seems a bit of a waste though.
snow report
There is something magical in waking up to this...

https://instagram.com/p/Bc1X5qIHp71/

Not so magical driving through it to get the kids to school 🤣
ski holidays
One of the other aspects of all this lovely white stuff is that it means we can explore new lines lower down into other villages away from the resort that we've not done before as we've never had the snow - ok we have to skin back up or suppose we could hitch back......
snow report
Is it too early to say, please save some for Easter!!!!!
snow conditions
We're in Lech this week, can't believe how great the snow is and how empty the pistes are. Did a couple of laps on a piste over in Warth this afternoon and didn't see another soul! Only two other people staying in the hotel, it's incredible. Pre-Christmas is my new favourite ski week!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I hate you all*

*well I don't, but I so wish I was there! Anywhere!
latest report
Seconded from Hokkaido, Japan 👍
latest report
Feckin awesome day yesterday and I very rarely use the "A" word - and as my post above we skied a line that don't very often get to ski and blew KenX away and the wife of a guide friend of mine who has lived and skied La Grave past 20 years and she was letting more "yips" out than us!

Red dots are the hike - red line traverse - blue line left of picture roughly the descent - one one the right a line I did a couple of seasons ago and could be on for this week

snow conditions
Couldn’t resist. Followed my own advice...

Followed the docs advice and kept my leg up though 😇

snow conditions
@BobinCH, I s'pose you had to take the Jumbo as it's the only one with somewhere to put your leg up wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy