Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Leki gate guards

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi I’m looking to buy some leki gate guards for my 10yr old. Can anyone give me a breakdown of the differences betweeen them. Little confused here, thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
For which part of the body ?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
http://www.skibartlett.com/ski-race-c6/race-protection-c24/leg-guards-pole-guards-arm-guards-c89
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sorry hand guards for his poles.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@spyderjon, I clicked the link and this was the first thing what came up:

I don't know what it is or why I would need it but what I do know is that I want it anyway.[/img]
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Familyfuntimes, not a breakdown as such but I can recommend these from use by my lads and other racers I know:

http://www.skibartlett.com/ski-race-c6/race-protection-c24/leg-guards-pole-guards-arm-guards-c89/pole-guard-full-wc-trigger-s-yellow-p10670

The little aeroplane is a tool for fitting guards to leki race poles, why so fancy I don't know!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
There isn't a huge different between half guards, full guards etc. Just get him whatever his friends have! Leki poles have the trigger S click-in wrist straps, Komperdell have standard normal straps
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ordered the full guards, thank you for your help !
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Familyfuntimes, Why does he need hand guards? As a 10 yr old he will only be racing stubbies until he is 12. Putting hand guards on poles will only encourage the young ones to reach across to punch the poles(when training) unless he is already cross blocking properly? His coach should be telling him to ski the gates classic style first and not reach for them yet. I have seen it so many times over the years that young kids want to copy the older faster skiers who are actually cross blocking the gates properly. Sorry for my interjection.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Plugboy,
All the kids do poles in fun/team races and training.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy