Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski carriage. British Airways

Poster: A snowHead
I think the inconsistency in dimensions has been there for years (i.e. you can take your skis, but max bag size 90 cm). In practice, I don't know anyone who has been told their ski bag is too long.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/baggage-essentials/sports-equipment
"You can take skiing or snowboarding equipment as part of your checked baggage so long as the bag is within the maximum bag dimensions.

Skis and snowboards must be packed in a protective bag and can be in the same bag as your boots or clothes. 

If you pack your boots separately from your skis or snowboard, your boot bag can be carried as hand baggage if it's within the correct dimensions. If it doesn't, it must be checked in and will count as an extra checked bag.

For safety reasons you can’t board the aircraft wearing ski boots."

It is somewhat ambiguous on the checked baggage page - with a max 90cm bag - however, the surfboard page says,

"You can take short surfboards and small kayaks with paddles in a protective bag as part of your checked baggage as long as the packed bag is under 190cm in length. Clothes and other personal items must not be packed in with your equipment.

Larger surfboards, kayaks, canoes and paddles need to be booked in as cargo.".
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
NickyJ wrote:
It gives that length on this page

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/destinations/holiday-types/ski-holidays/ski-extras
Ha. Well found. The inconsistency really isn't helpful!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Checked direct with BA customer service - snowboard/ski carriage is OK as your checked luggage, as long as it fits the ski carriage dimensions! Good news.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Pastorius, thank you!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
No worries! Google directs you to.....snowheads! So figured others must have questioned this in the past. Nothing worse than finding your exact question on a forum which has gone unanswered.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Pastorius, I find this a lot... often even worse a thread that I had asked same question 5 years back ooops
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
What’s the extra charge if you have a bag plus ski bag. My friend and I tend to throw our skis in together so usually worth having a bag
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@dan100, if you need two bags I have known people find it being similar price to getting Business class seats (obviously depends on how popular route / date is and how early you book)
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@dan100, One of you carry the skis in a bag with as much gear as weight allows and the other take the rest of your gear.
If you can get by with one bag each within the 23kg, and a small cabin bag each, then it will not cost extra.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks both anyone know the actual
Rice. Business class is about £100 extra each way so not viable.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
dan100 wrote:

It's always worth checking - the prices fluctuate wildly.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@dan100, where you going from and to? Also when are the dates?
Sometimes it is cheaper going on the day before or coming back the day after. I always did this for the EOSB and BB.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Avios are fairly easy to collect. Even just getting a CC and the welcome bonus may give enough miles to upgrade your economy to business class.

Pity BA closed the loophole of travelling one way Business Class & Economy the other, but keeping the higher luggage allowance.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
dan100 wrote:
What’s the extra charge if you have a bag plus ski bag. My friend and I tend to throw our skis in together so usually worth having a bag

Unless you're a hard-core over packer you should be able to get everything into a BA carry-on sized bag - and when you're checking in your skis just ask "Can I check my carry-on bag too?". I've been doing this for 4 or 5 years and every time the check-in person's been happy to do it for free.

And yes, that's including ski boots and a few changes of ski base layers/socks and non-ski clothing.
snow report
dan100 wrote:

Normally £60 each way in Europe for extra baggage, I believe. If you both need two bags, the £100 extra for business might be worthwhile given free food and drinks in both the airport and on board. The extra space (middle seat guaranteed empty) would be a bonus.

If price is the driver, hire you skis.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy